Author Topic: pistol grip shotguns  (Read 36188 times)

mward58

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: pistol grip shotguns
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 09:57:41 PM »
I have modified my 870 18" with an adjustable AR style pistol grip stock. I also put scattergun technology ghost rings and a surefire forend. I feel this style of stock reduces muzzle flip and the pistol grip,  along with the ghost rings , allows me to get back on target quickly. I shoot 00 buck, 8 shot, and slugs with it when I train. Usually I shoot between 30-50 rounds and with regular loads do not feel sore afterwards. Remington reduced recoil loads are better to shoot but are becoming very pricey compared to 8 shot at $4.50 a box of 25. Also I feel the pistol grip is easier to control the gun when moving around. It is much easier to get a firm grip when pointing the muzzle down and I feel it would be much harder to wrestle away from me. That's my opinion and I would not use anything else for my house.

Mad_Max

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 03:30:44 PM »
Greetings to all, I'm new here.. but not new to weapons of all sorts and to shooting/carrying firearms

Definitely a big thumbs-down to the pistol grip only idea

But the folder stock with pistol grip gives you options. I can also endure standard stocks on a shotgun but I personally shoot better with a pistol grip folder..

My latest shottie is an FN SLP MK1 which has a synthetic, standard stock.. and it's worth having to use this stock on the gun because this FN shotgun is so wonderful in many other ways

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 12:53:03 PM »
I have a plain jane Winchester 1300 pistol grip. holds 9 rounds. But I would like that breacher MB spot lighted. ;)
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk