Author Topic: Night Scopes - ATN X  (Read 5074 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Night Scopes - ATN X
« on: December 31, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »
Night scopes.  See in the dark.   I haven't really been following the advancements ( and prices) of these devices.  I remember them a large, clunky, delicate and expensive.  So when a friend posted he'd just bought an ATN X scope for $550 and what it could do I was blown away.

It has, WiFi, Record Video/Take Photos, Compass, GPS, stream to smart device, image stablization, USB, HDMI, SD card, Geo Taggin, Altitude, Velocity, Compass, oh and of course IR night vision. 

The 3-12x Model is on Amazon for $505.   So anyone had experiences with this?  I wonder how well they hold up.

http://www.amazon.com/ATN-X-Sight-Riflescope-Stabilization-Android/dp/B00B0BB4SK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1451445978&sr=8-4&keywords=atn+x-sight

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Night Scopes - ATN X
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 09:30:21 AM »
I've been thinking about one of these for a while. However I'm tempted to wait a bit longer. As always, this type of technology is getting cheaper all the time. It is also getting more competitive. They are also becoming better, smaller, and giving much sharper images, all for less money as time passes.

Just look at laser sights today. And compare them to the size and cost of what they were 15 years ago.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »
I always have one question about any night vision scope. What kind of image intensifier is it? They usually brag about it f it's a good one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_intensifier
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »
I think we've moved beyond image intensifier concept.  I think these are IR capable cameras that can be used in full color daylight or IR only at night.  The objective is a solid state monitor.   A very sophisticate image processor is used between the two.   The "screen" isn't the highest of quality being so small, but you can stream 1080 or 720p pictures to your phone, pad or tv.
Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »
In my limited experience IR is always black and white or else a whole rainbow or colors, each a different temperature range, and image intensifiers like starlight scopes are green like the picture in the first post.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:35:03 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »
First off I have not used one.  However, there is a video on their website.  The video from the day and night looks great. 

Look closely at the nighttime examples.  The night images in the video appear "close" to the viewer.  I especially noticed the picture of the possum at night and looked beyond the nasty thing and just beyond it performance appeared to drop off quite quickly.  Now, zooming up the power looking beyond may have fixed that...I dunno. 

From the vid I'm not sold on one.  HOWEVER, if you get one let me know how it works!!!!

Website video location:
http://www.atncorp.com/x-sight-night-vision-rifle-scope-3-12x
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 12:12:35 PM »
I doubt if I get one anytime soon.  On the priority list it's kinda of far down.

I understand from my local friend that the 5-15x had an objective focus while the 3-12x hasn't.  Might make a difference.

Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 01:51:40 PM »
The 5-18 looks like it has quite a bit bigger objective lens. I read a bit about these and it seem that they are neither IR or II but a different technology. You can't beat the price when you compare them to night vision scopes that cost in the thousands. http://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-optics

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk