Poll

My community (within city limits)

Allows shooting in backyard
Allows shooting inside only
Treats air guns like other firearms, and allows at licensed ranges only

Author Topic: Poll on Air Guns  (Read 6117 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
Re: Poll on Air Guns
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:41:33 PM »
I can't even shoot my paintball gun without the police showing up. :(
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 11:07:22 PM »
I can't even shoot my paintball gun without the police showing up. :(

Yeah, but your 'paintball gun' probably looks like a 105mm Howitzer.   ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 02:59:01 AM »
and you guys say CA is bad...
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 04:25:55 AM »
and you guys say CA is bad...

Yep...

however being an Aussie  you can guess what it is like for me.. 
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 01:06:40 PM »
A friend of mine was shooting his bow in his yard and got a ticket for "Discharging a Weapon in City Limits." I'm guessing the same would apply to air guns.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:49:11 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
A friend of mine was shooting his bow in his yard and got a ticket for "Discharging a Weapon in City Limits." I'm guessing the same would apply to air guns.
I'm not sure if archery is covered here, but airguns are. No discharge in ciy limits. The ordinance is rarely enforced, basically if the neighbors don't complain and you don't do something stupid, you're fine. Its still annoying. I should be able to shoot in my backyard with an adequate backstop without worrying about the political sensibilities of my neighbors. The whole discharging across roads etc is a seperate offence (as it should be).
FQ13

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »
I'm not sure if archery is covered here, but airguns are. No discharge in ciy limits. The ordinance is rarely enforced, basically if the neighbors don't complain and you don't do something stupid, you're fine. Its still annoying. I should be able to shoot in my backyard with an adequate backstop without worrying about the political sensibilities of my neighbors. The whole discharging across roads etc is a seperate offence (as it should be).
FQ13

the real prob is, while you understand what an "adequate back stop" is, there is a large number of idiots out there that don't have a clue what that means.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

the real prob is, while you understand what an "adequate back stop" is, there is a large number of idiots out there that don't have a clue what that means.
Its really not a hard concept. I aim at a pellet trap. If I miss, behind that, I have piece of 5/8"ply backed by a piece of el cheapo shag hanging free over a dowel. Not even an 800 fps .22 will get through that. Total cost, $10, time to assemble, about 5 minutes.
FQ13

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 04:42:03 PM »
I use 2 sheets of 7/8 t and g sub flooring with 2" of foam between them. ( what I had laying around)  its lasted about 5 years now.  I don't know how many thousands of rounds.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 12:15:58 AM »

Its really not a hard concept. I aim at a pellet trap. If I miss, behind that, I have piece of 5/8"ply backed by a piece of el cheapo shag hanging free over a dowel. Not even an 800 fps .22 will get through that. Total cost, $10, time to assemble, about 5 minutes.
FQ13
I use 2 sheets of 7/8 t and g sub flooring with 2" of foam between them. ( what I had laying around)  its lasted about 5 years now.  I don't know how many thousands of rounds.

Good ideas.

You can also get old truck bed mats from a salvage yard for cheap and cut them down and layer them to several thicknesses.
A friend has a backstop that is 4' x 4' made of several layers (about 3" thick) of rubber bed mat, with the carpet in front of that and a piece of 3/8" steel plate behind it for good measure. He stands his target stand in front of it and it will stop anything from his air rifle pellets to lead wadcutter .38's.....I think he may have even used it to stop lead .45's....but don't quote me on that.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk