Author Topic: ruger redhawk/smith 629 test  (Read 2836 times)

xd40lover

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ruger redhawk/smith 629 test
« on: September 01, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »
two days after i bought my ruger i got a gun test mag. in the mail. they rated the redhawk A and the smith 629 F for mech trouble also rated the taurus a C . they were all three 44mag. i have never owned a ruger before so it made me feel great. BUT  i  have owned a lot of smiths and loved everyone of them. ant it great we live in a country that we can all have a opinion, and a gun of our own choice. (mabye one of each)  xd40.......

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: ruger redhawk/smith 629 test
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 05:42:26 PM »
I used to subscribe to Gun Tests, but it's an expensive mag, so I never renewed. One of my favorites is the one where they tested Derringers. There was another one where they compared .357 mag revolvers.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: ruger redhawk/smith 629 test
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:23:34 PM »
I love S&Ws...I collect N-frames and am very fond of the .44 Magnum. I have never had any problems with the S&Ws until the 329PD lock system seized up. I will say that if you're looking to lob big boomers downrange, ie, heavy bullet .44 maggies, I gotta go 100% with the Ruger...sturdier gun; no lock system. I just started working with the Redhawk 4-inch .44 Magnum, and I am very very happy with the gun.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk