Author Topic: Michaels Blog has info on S&W 329 failures  (Read 7172 times)

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Michaels Blog has info on S&W 329 failures
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 11:07:11 PM »
JJH, who would do the outside  inspection???

Smith and Wesson is not the only manufacturer to have a problem with key lock safeties.

I've installed many aftermaket and older factory safeties on newer  remington shotguns, that have the new key lock safety, because they engage while shooting.

Where there is a will there is a way. I just say the idea of allowing the company to self investigate is flawed.

They started this clusterfoxtrout, why should they be free from oversight?

Really, I want videos, pictures, the works on any investigation.

Best regards,

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Michaels Blog has info on S&W 329 failures
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 09:46:04 PM »
JJH, who would do the outside  inspection???

Smith and Wesson is not the only manufacturer to have a problem with key lock safeties.

I've installed many aftermaket and older factory safeties on newer  remington shotguns, that have the new key lock safety, because they engage while shooting.

There exists an entire field of engineering devoted to the dissection, autopsy if you will, of design analysis and failures thereof.

Here is an example:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=failure+analysis+consulting&btnG=Google+Search

As an aside to the moderator who (invisibly) combined my topic into this topic, understand Mr. Bane made two separate blog entries on the topic of the 329 failure and my response was specifically to his SECOND blog entry with a SECOND separate topic thread. 

I try to post to message boards in a responsible manner and in fact belong to message boards with literally thousands of members where virtually NONE of the reasonably responsible messages or threads require moderator intervention.

If conversations are to be interrupted by invisible moderation without rhyme or reason I will assume my presence is unwelcome here.

Best regards,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk