Author Topic: Lawsuit filed against Chicago's new gun ordinance  (Read 1207 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lawsuit filed against Chicago's new gun ordinance
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »
uly 7, 2010 9:19 AM   |  No Comments
A trader on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange who owns a farm is among a handful of people suing the city of Chicago and Mayor Richard Daley, claiming the new gun control ordinance infringes on their constitutional rights.

Chicago aldermen passed the ordinance last week, just four days after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Chicago's longtime handgun ban on June 28.

The suit, filed Tuesday, asks the U.S. District Court to declare the ordinance "null and void" and prohibit the city from enforcing it.
The ordinance requires anyone who wants to keep a handgun at home to obtain a Chicago firearm permit, take firearms training and have no convictions for a violent crime, unlawful use of a firearm or two or more charges of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Each weapon must be registered, and owners can only register one weapon each month, according to the ordinance.

The National Rifle Association immediately threw its support behind the lawsuit. And the  Illinois Association of Firearms Retailers is among those named as a plaintiff in the suit.

--Duaa Eldeib

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/07/lawsuit-filed-against-chicagos-new-gun-ordinance.html

Copy of the actual filing

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/litigation/bensonvchicago1.pdf
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

Re: Lawsuit filed against Chicago's new gun ordinance
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
I guess the Holiday slowed them down  ;D

Woody

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »
 These Aldermans names need to be widely published. America needs to know who these traitors are.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »
These Aldermans names need to be widely published. America needs to know who these traitors are.

From my understanding, the vote was unanimous.

Just four days after the Supreme Court essentially  struck down the City of Chicago’s draconian handgun ban as unconstitutional, the City Council unanimously approved a tough new gun-control regime that critics are vowing to fight but supporters are hoping will hold up in court.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3951-after-court-ruling-chicago-adopts-gun-control-ordinance

The City of Chicago is divided into fifty legislative districts or wards. Each district is represented by an alderman who is elected by their constituency to serve a four year term. In addition to representing the interests of their ward residents, together the fifty aldermen comprise the Chicago City Council, which serves as the legislative branch of government of the City of Chicago. The legislative powers of the City Council are granted by the state legislature and by home rule provisions of the Illinois constitution. Within specified limits, the City Council has the general authority to exercise any power and perform any function pertaining to its government and affairs including, but not limited to, the power to regulate for the protection of the public health, safety, morals and welfare; to license; to tax; and to incur debt.

Council Alderman List:

Thomas Allen
Carrie Austin
James Balcer
Anthony Beale
Howard B. Brookins Jr.
Edward Burke
Walter Burnett Jr.
George A. Cardenas
Willie Cochran Rey
Colon Vi Daley
Sharon Denise Dixon
Brian Doherty
Pat Dowell
Robert Fioretti
Toni Foulkes
Deborah Graham
Leslie Hairston
Michelle Harris
Sandi Jackson
Lona Lane
Margaret Laurino
Patrick Levar Freddrenna
Lyle Roberto Maldonado
Richard Mell
Emma Mitts
Joe Moore Proco
Joe Moreno
Ricardo Munoz
Patrick O'Connor
Frank Olivo
John Pope
Toni Preckwinkle
Ariel E. Reboyras
Brendan Reilly
John Rice
Virginia Rugai
Eugene Schulter
Helen Shiller
Ed Smith
Mary Ann Smith
Daniel Solis
Bernard Stone
Ray Suarez
Latasha R. Thomas
Joann Thompson
Thomas Tunney
Scott Waguespack
Michael Zalewski

http://www.chicityclerk.com/citycouncil/alderman/find.html

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk