Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38891 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2020, 07:00:44 PM »
I'd be interested in seeing the plans unfold.  I like that kind of stuff.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2020, 11:49:14 PM »
It sounds good to me too. Time to start a new thread TAB.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2020, 08:09:03 AM »
Sounds good...

I expect this will be a good portion of everyone here's Dream House.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2020, 09:32:37 AM »
Do it.  I would love to get some new ideas for the house we're going to build in Arkansas.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
Sounds good...

I expect this will be a good portion of everyone here's Dream House.

Not too sure about that, i am looking at the 1600 ish sqft range + basement. That will remain unfinished at this time.  That way if we have a change in our needs we can easily remodel.   Its the " barn" that will be large.   At least 40x60.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #135 on: Today at 05:01:18 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
Do it.  I would love to get some new ideas for the house we're going to build in Arkansas.

Wow, what a view. I'm imagining how much fun my friends and I would have if we were let loose on terrain like that on our ATVs.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2020, 06:20:23 PM »
Ok when i have a chance to sit down and draw something up i will start a new thread.  Taking the misses  too it for the 1st time in the morning.  She has not seen it yet.  I want her imput on where i put the house as it will make a huge difference  on the floor plan.  9 acres is alot, but its pretty small in the grand theme of things.   The lot is 360' wide and about 1100' long.  I want to out the house at about 400' mark and the shop at about 700'  that

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2020, 06:30:25 PM »
In Minnesota we had 7.2 acres - Just over 600 x 600.

http://www.google.com/maps/place/43%C2%B059'32.9%22N+95%C2%B000'35.9%22W/@43.9931045,-95.0107235,244m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!1m2!2m1!1sRt+2+Box+310+county+road+3,+Mountain+lake+mn!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d43.9924607!4d-95.009982

Amazing how small it could get with a house foot print of just over 1300 ft2, a 40x72 shed, 32x62 shed, 24x32 building, couple barns, and some grain storage.

The two things that are more important than the amount of space are what is close, and what amenities the property has (trees  and character.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2020, 09:04:43 PM »
In Minnesota we had 7.2 acres - Just over 600 x 600.

http://www.google.com/maps/place/43%C2%B059'32.9%22N+95%C2%B000'35.9%22W/@43.9931045,-95.0107235,244m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!1m2!2m1!1sRt+2+Box+310+county+road+3,+Mountain+lake+mn!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d43.9924607!4d-95.009982

Amazing how small it could get with a house foot print of just over 1300 ft2, a 40x72 shed, 32x62 shed, 24x32 building, couple barns, and some grain storage.

The two things that are more important than the amount of space are what is close, and what amenities the property has (trees  and character.

Ranchers to west, east and south.  The north has a small  group of homes on 10 acre lots sold as " horse porperty "   also know as you get a white painted 3 rail fence around your porperty and the price quadruples.  Normally that would be a deal breaker, but the are 300' lower in elevation and the other side of the hill.  So i can not see them.  I would have liked to buy the parcel next to me, but it was add another zero in price jump.  they were not interested  in sub dividing anything smaller than a section( 640 arce aka 1 square mile)  i tried 40 acres, but.  No dice.   Even offered them a the % of the cost and i would pay for the survey and the fence.     I want at least a 40x60 shop.

I hope this will be the forever place, but i doubt it.  If the misses gets promoted she could be transfered some place else.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2020, 12:08:02 AM »
When my dad divided some property between me and my brothers I told him I wanted 2 acres. So he kicked me in the balls and said, "There, now ya got 2 achers."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk