Author Topic: Glow Ammo Demo/Test 9mm & 45ACP - Shot With My P-01 & P-220  (Read 3276 times)

Funseeker

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Glow Ammo Demo/Test 9mm & 45ACP - Shot With My P-01 & P-220
« on: February 08, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »
Hey gang,

I just posted to Youtube a couple of videos I produced showing both 9mm and 45 ACP demo/tests I filmed at Burro Canyon Shooting Park here in CA.  I was there Feb 6th, when CALGUNS did their first ever night shoot.  And having never shot at night before, I had to be their.  I shot the 9mm with my CZ P-01 and 45 ACP with my Bruce Gray "blessed" P-220.

Glow Ammo is a new technology that reloaders can use to produce rounds that act like tracers without the use of pyrotechnics to produce light.  I also did a video showing how to apply them to a projectile.  Basically, it's as easy as putting a stamp on an envelope.  They are a hoot to shoot, too.  They are primarily designed for pistols, (I put some on the 7.62x39 V-Max Hornady 124 gr.'s, I load for my Mini 30, and they worked as well.)   Glow was released at Shot 2011, and are showing up at the usual "on-line" suspects from what I can gather.  With a better camera, the video results would more closely match what I was actually seeing, but at least you'll get the idea.

Anyway, here's the links.  Oh, and yes I used robot actors in the intro to the 9mm video.  Gotta have fun with this stuff, right.  Enjoy!  It's posted under my other avatar/moniker "Mickey3Gun".  Not because I play in 3 Gun, but because when I got back into firearms I only started with 3 guns.........  a condition I can assure you that has since been rectified....)

Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk