Author Topic: FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles  (Read 3014 times)

tombogan03884

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/03/FBI-More-People-Killed-With-Hammers-and-Clubs-Each-Year-Than-With-Rifles?utm_source=e_breitbart_com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+January+3%2C+2013&utm_campaign=20130103_m114858569_Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+January+3%2C+2013&utm_term=More

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

The bottom line: A rifle ban is as illogical as it is unconstitutional. We face far greater danger from individuals armed with carpenters' tools and a caveman's stick.

And it seems fairly obvious that if more people had a gun, less people would be inclined to try to hit them in the head with a hammer.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:23:54 PM »
Ban hammers.......then fewer innocent people will get nailed.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
It all boils down to the common denominator, hands.   All those methods depend upon hands.

But if we outlaw hands, only outlaws will have hands.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »
Interesting. Now the libs can be anti-hammers/tools as well as anti-gun. Not sure, but I think I would rather be shot than bludgeoned to death with a ballpeen or claw hammer.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »
Interesting. Now the libs can be anti-hammers/tools as well as anti-gun. Not sure, but I think I would rather be shot than bludgeoned to death with a ball pien or claw hammer.

Oh, I don't know about that...

I have been "hammered" on a number of occasions--found it rather pleasant.  I've been shot at--but never hit.  Still, I don't imagine it could be nearly as nice as those "hammered" situations.

Have I missed something here?

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 03:26:29 PM »
I see your point - but there is a little bit of difference between getting hammered and bludgeoned. If I was really hammered it probably wouldn't matter.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 03:29:50 PM »
It all boils down to the common denominator, hands.   All those methods depend upon hands.

But if we outlaw hands, only outlaws will have hands.

Yep.

I recall posting a few years ago about a local area case from an adjacent county where a judge let a guy out of jail on a technicality, even though the guy had repeatedly vowed to kill his ex girlfriend upon release.
Within 48 hours of release he attacked her, and members of her family, with items ranging from a shovel to a cordless drill.... killing her and one other, and severely injuring two more before killing himself with a knife.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
I've been trying to tell you all for a while now.
Liberals don't have a problem with random violence, it's just your guns they hate .

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »
The real common denominator is (drum roll here) liberals. If we could ban liberals then all of us could keep our hands, hammers and guns. Those of you who have served in the Far east know what I am talking about.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »
 >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk