Author Topic: Gun Owners For Fred Thompson  (Read 14105 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Owners For Fred Thompson
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 07:56:39 PM »
The MSM will bash him no matter what.  I don't need a raz-ma-taz side show to get me to vote.  I want a sober and serious adult.  Fred is just that.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »
Well..if we were on the back of my pick up tailgate havin' a beer, and if I was REALLY speaking honestly ( like most everyone does when they drink beer.. ::) ).............................................................................................. ::)
 I would have to say that although I will vote for Fred ( because of his 2nd amendment policy) and becasue I think he has the best chance to win the Republican vote...
I actually like Mike Huckabee the best. He has the values that I have.. I like his passion and the fire under his ass on the issues, and he not only supports the 2nd amendment, he has the sentimental personal experience that goes with it. ( owning his own guns and those handed down to him.. shooting and hunting all his life and wanting his children to be able to grow up carrying guns ) are just a few of the things I like about the man.

Now then...Anyone want another beer? I'm gettin' in the cooler to get myself one.. ;D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 12:36:06 PM »
Fred is the one and only " MAN " for the job . Hand me a beer   ;D

Fred74

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »
Well..if we were on the back of my pick up tailgate havin' a beer, and if I was REALLY speaking honestly ( like most everyone does when they drink beer.. ::) ).............................................................................................. ::)
 I would have to say that although I will vote for Fred ( because of his 2nd amendment policy) and becasue I think he has the best chance to win the Republican vote...
I actually like Mike Huckabee the best. He has the values that I have.. I like his passion and the fire under his ass on the issues, and he not only supports the 2nd amendment, he has the sentimental personal experience that goes with it. ( owning his own guns and those handed down to him.. shooting and hunting all his life and wanting his children to be able to grow up carrying guns ) are just a few of the things I like about the man.

Now then...Anyone want another beer? I'm gettin' in the cooler to get myself one.. ;D

All you have to do is check out Huckabee's website, and you will see exactly where he stands with the second amendment.

Cogz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 03:16:59 AM »

No offense, but that "sentimental personal experience" thing is one of the things that makes Huckabee grating to me.  Initially I too was seduced by his colloquialisms and folksy stories - but in too many circumstances he used sayings like "You break it, you fix it" to frame the issue as "common sense" when in fact the issue and what is at stake is too much to trust in blindly following a cute (but understandable) saying.

As to the concept of voting for someone who doesn't necessarily meld with your opinions because of the preconceived notion of electability is just playing into the hands of the political institution.  If it weren't for the media telling us who has the best chance we would do our job as patriots and vote for OUR candidate, and let OUR desires for the way the country should head influence our vote, not some popular but imperfect (for us) candidate.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:59:51 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk