Author Topic: Blades, knives and sharpy type things  (Read 20747 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Blades, knives and sharpy type things
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »
Just noticed there is no actual board for sharp sticking instruments.
So in its absence does anyone else here covet blades, like, have an interest in or use them for a back up tool for self defence?

some of mine
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

tombogan03884

Re: Blades, knives and sharpy type things
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:04:14 AM »
 Where did you get the "USMC Bowie" in the middle picture ?
Case made 1000 for the Marine Raiders in 1942.
My Dad has one.
My Grand Father on my Mothers side was executor of an estate and wound up with the original Knife Jim Bowie gave to Davy Crockett, he gave it to Henry Clay when they were in Congress together, Both their names were engraved on the silver mounted sheath with the date 1821 Dad held the 2 knives side by side and the only difference was the Case had hard rubber grips while the Bowie was Buffalo horn.
He left it to the Bedford Ma. Historical Society when he died.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 02:05:26 AM »

A board for knives is a good idea. Added to my to do list.

MH

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:28:26 AM »
Where did you get the "USMC Bowie" in the middle picture ?
Case made 1000 for the Marine Raiders in 1942.
My Dad has one.
My Grand Father on my Mothers side was executor of an estate and wound up with the original Knife Jim Bowie gave to Davy Crockett, he gave it to Henry Clay when they were in Congress together, Both their names were engraved on the silver mounted sheath with the date 1821 Dad held the 2 knives side by side and the only difference was the Case had hard rubber grips while the Bowie was Buffalo horn.
He left it to the Bedford Ma. Historical Society when he died.

I would like to say its an original Tom but alas its a replica, think I got it off ebay some time back.
We have pretty strict laws here as well regarding knives "flick knives", double edged etc are a no no and you cant carry a pocket knife in most states unless you have a genuine need. I sorta poo poo the establishment in that regard as my everyday carry knife is a Boker Jim Wagner reality blade automatic. Its my act of defiance against the commie pinko nanny state establisment ie Watermelons (green on the outside and red on the inside).

One of the interesting blades there is the home made katana type of thing, its actually a bikie sword, the blade is made from a chainsaw blade and bike cogs make the hilt with Scotts bike grips for the handles. It was given to me from a rellie that had some what a shady past and it was given to him by some of the people he ran with, used to be carried along the side of the bike. (it also looks like it had been used - I KNOW NOTHING!!)

Sorry to make more work for you Marshal, it was a innocent observation  :D

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 03:17:35 AM »
that list musta been shortish LOL

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:44:23 AM »

DGF

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 06:45:11 AM »
Sledge, this is a little off the subject from Knives. I am on another forum, unlike this one it has many liberals. One, an Aussie, keeps a running thread going about how the gun ban in Oz has saved many lives and how the crime rate has "plummeted" since the ban. I thought it was just the opposite. What is your take on the crime rate in Australia? If I am out of line hi-jacking your thread just tell me to fk-off, no hard feelings.

On the subject of knives I am awaiting delivery of my new assisted opening Gerber pocket knife. Gerber is having a sale and I got it at half price. Sale lasts through Jan. Cool knife, 3" blade nice pocket clip opens like lightening.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 06:47:34 AM »
I would like to say its an original Tom but alas its a replica, think I got it off ebay some time back.
We have pretty strict laws here as well regarding knives "flick knives", double edged etc are a no no and you cant carry a pocket knife in most states unless you have a genuine need. I sorta poo poo the establishment in that regard as my everyday carry knife is a Boker Jim Wagner reality blade automatic. Its my act of defiance against the commie pinko nanny state establisment ie Watermelons (green on the outside and red on the inside).

One of the interesting blades there is the home made katana type of thing, its actually a bikie sword, the blade is made from a chainsaw blade and bike cogs make the hilt with Scotts bike grips for the handles. It was given to me from a rellie that had some what a shady past and it was given to him by some of the people he ran with, used to be carried along the side of the bike. (it also looks like it had been used - I KNOW NOTHING!!)

Sorry to make more work for you Marshal, it was a innocent observation  :D

Funny, that ho-made Katana thingy is the one that caught my eye!  Wicked cool looking!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:00:16 AM »
Nice collection, digging the one on the top there.  Carried a Gerber, in various styles, everyday since I was in high school.  The edge is the greatest tool every invented by man, solution to just about everything.  I don't get to fancy like some of you fellows, but I appreciate the nice collections.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »
Sledge, this is a little off the subject from Knives. I am on another forum, unlike this one it has many liberals. One, an Aussie, keeps a running thread going about how the gun ban in Oz has saved many lives and how the crime rate has "plummeted" since the ban. I thought it was just the opposite. What is your take on the crime rate in Australia? If I am out of line hi-jacking your thread just tell me to fk-off, no hard feelings.

On the subject of knives I am awaiting delivery of my new assisted opening Gerber pocket knife. Gerber is having a sale and I got it at half price. Sale lasts through Jan. Cool knife, 3" blade nice pocket clip opens like lightening.

IMHO the crime rate has not dropped because of the gun bans/buy back, gun related murder and suicide rates that the antis rave on about dropping after 96 was in decline before hand and the trend has continued. Police also like sprouting that the crime rates are down, partly becuase a lot of people now dont bother reporting crime because they know nothing will happen or they dont want to get involved because of the now very prevelant gang culture in cities like Sydney and Melbourne. Leboneset bike gangs now run most of the illegal drug and firearm crime hence no one will speak up.
If you want some facts and figures try this site put together by a couple very smart ladies both of whom I know personally.
http://www.ic-wish.org/  (women in shooting and hunting)
More relevent for your enquiry and something you can use to stick it to you forum friend a graph showing the Trends for Firearm Suicides, Murders and accidents from 1976 to 2008 http://www.ic-wish.org/WiSH%20Fact%20Sheet%20Trends%20Over%20Time.pdf
More Fact Sheets Here: http://www.ic-wish.org/fact_sheets.htm

Have a look at also the whats new category, it has a list of their publications they have made.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 07:33:17 AM »
Funny, that ho-made Katana thingy is the one that caught my eye!  Wicked cool looking!

hehe
cool if your not the one that wears it, its not that sharp, well sharp enough but its heavy like a bitch, I think it would have no issue cleaving off a arm or a leg or other if swung properly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk