Author Topic: Blades, knives and sharpy type things  (Read 20746 times)

DGF

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Blades, knives and sharpy type things
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:15:21 AM »
Thank you Sledge.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 04:21:53 PM »
Hey a knife and blade category......

Way to stay on the "cutting edge"..... :P

Thanks Marshall.

;D

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 05:26:55 AM »
I just ordered several straight razors. I thought I'd give it a try. I'll try and post some pics when I get them. I've collected a bunch of blades over the years. For some reason they go well with guns.   Bill T.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
I just ordered several straight razors. I thought I'd give it a try. I'll try and post some pics when I get them. I've collected a bunch of blades over the years. For some reason they go well with guns.   Bill T.

By "give it a try", do you mean shaving with a straight razor?  If so, here is some first aid advice   ;D ;D...and a link that might interest you.  Good luck.  You will be added to the Prayer List  ;D ;D

Decided I better buy some shaving salve as I nicked myself pretty good for the first time today. I read somewhere, I believe on this forum that spruce oil stops the bleeding of minor cuts, so I picked up some "Petro-Carbo Medicated First Aid Salve" from Target. I stumbled across the salve while I was looking for the legendary Proraso shaving soap Charlie, A.K.A. Clarman told me about. I know how to use the salve of course, but I'm not quite sure how to use the Proraso as it seems kind of soft, just get the brush wet and whip up a later in the dish the soap comes in? Thanks for your assistance in advance,

http://straightrazorplace.com/forums/

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:56 AM »
Just let Melanie know to advertise here in the classifieds first for the estate sale. ;D Seriously, those things scare me. I used to get my hair cut at this old school Italian barber shop called Carmello's in DC. It was $6 for a cut and an extra $5 for the whole hot towell and a shave with a straight razor thing. I did it once. The whole experience of having my face covered with a towell while someone went to work with one of those things feaked me out. It was a good shave though.
FQ13 who strongly suggests a styptic pencil as an accessory.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:37:58 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 10:45:22 AM »
Hey Bill, are you going to call 911 before you start, or Just have Mel stand by with the speed dial  ?   ;D

rat31465

• Jack of all Trades, Master of none.
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 10:46:22 AM »
Afraid that all my knives are user knives and not of the collector grade....but I do value a good blade as much as the next guy.
Buck 650 Nighthawk

Entrenching Tool...Not a Knife but it does have a sharp edge which I have used like an axe when camping.

My current EDC knife....Smith and Wesson CK-70 Spec Ops...

My Semi-Retired SpyderCo.

Rather than adding another post here is my other knives that see regular usage.
"Get yourself a Glock and Lose that Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol."
Sam Gerard

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 10:54:48 AM »
Thanks for posting Rat, actually thats a good idea for a new topic EDC knives!
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

rat31465

• Jack of all Trades, Master of none.
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »
Thanks for posting Rat, actually thats a good idea for a new topic EDC knives!

Perhaps a topic for "Other Cutting Tools"  Hatchets, Axes, Machetes etc....?
I want to get a few pics taken soon of my current Axes...I have a double bit that is more than 50 years old...Belonged to my Grandfather, then my Father and now Me....
"Get yourself a Glock and Lose that Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol."
Sam Gerard

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »
The razors will be delivered this Friday. Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to get some pictures up. Of the razors, not me!  ;D    Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk