Author Topic: Blades, knives and sharpy type things  (Read 20752 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Blades, knives and sharpy type things
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:31 PM »
I just ordered several straight razors. I thought I'd give it a try. I'll try and post some pics when I get them. I've collected a bunch of blades over the years. For some reason they go well with guns.   Bill T.

I got a dovo for xmas, I highly recomend the shave... much much better.  took me  a couple weeks to get use to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYTpb-QXV0k

added for a little flavor. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »
Got a Barber Shop shave on my wedding day, by a "gay" guy who proved to me that a straight razor can shave a balloon. He really did take the shaving cream off clean without popping it.

Great shave, also got the nose, ears, sideburns, neck, and mustache (at the time),.. Even though he was a queer as a football bat, the dude was very skilled. (with a "straight razor")...not that there's anything wrong with that,..... ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 08:34:19 PM »
Even though he was a queer as a football bat, the dude was very skilled.

Sounds good, but I'll stick with an Asian babe with an attitude in tight jeans.   ;D   Bill T.

david86440

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:37 PM »
I've got a bunch of straight razors somewhere....................haven't shaved in 30 years so I don't rightly know where they are at the moment.
Haven't had a need for them lately.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »
Its cool to see so many posts about knives and blades and not 24 hours in, should I dare send marshall a message about a thread for tactical torches?  ;D
Or perhaps incorporate that subject into this section? Knives/Blades/Torches ?
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:15:57 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 09:41:09 PM »
I love the guys comment on the You Tube link with the hot Asian babe flipping the knife, "Instant Boner!"  ;D How typical! Ya' gotta love it!  Bill T.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:11 PM »
I followed the link that jumbofrank posted in the weird-o-meter thread that lead to the plastic knife.  Once I got there, I clicked on the self-defense tab and found something special.

21 in. Barbarian Spike Club.  I think it serves as a self-defense tool just by you carrying it.
I don't know how to post a picture, but here's a link.  http://www.trueswords.com/speciak-2134-barbarian-club-p-437.html

I'm glad we have  a "sharpy type things" thread to put this in.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »
I followed the link that jumbofrank posted in the weird-o-meter thread that lead to the plastic knife.  Once I got there, I clicked on the self-defense tab and found something special.

21 in. Barbarian Spike Club.  I think it serves as a self-defense tool just by you carrying it.
I don't know how to post a picture, but here's a link.  http://www.trueswords.com/speciak-2134-barbarian-club-p-437.html

I'm glad we have  a "sharpy type things" thread to put this in.

Fun toy, but sadly not pratical. The spikes will stick. A baseball bat without nails is a better weapon than one with them. Plus, a lot easier to explain to a jury than "It was meat tenderizer your honor". Still, hanging on your office wall labeled "complaint department"? Well worth the $14. ;D
FQ13

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
I would use the club to secure a car.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Lawrence Keeney

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 01:03:57 AM »
Where did you get the "USMC Bowie" in the middle picture ?
Case made 1000 for the Marine Raiders in 1942.
My Dad has one.
My Grand Father on my Mothers side was executor of an estate and wound up with the original Knife Jim Bowie gave to Davy Crockett, he gave it to Henry Clay when they were in Congress together, Both their names were engraved on the silver mounted sheath with the date 1821 Dad held the 2 knives side by side and the only difference was the Case had hard rubber grips while the Bowie was Buffalo horn.
He left it to the Bedford Ma. Historical Society when he died.

Tom, smoky mt knife works sells a raider copy on their website. you'll have to look for it but Im sure it's still there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk