Author Topic: M-9 Bayonet From Bud-K Knives  (Read 14307 times)

tombogan03884

Re: M-9 Bayonet From Bud-K Knives
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:09 PM »
CJ, You know of course that the originals were 18 inch 03 bayonets, right ?
Pacific generally used full length since the Japs used an 18 inch or so bayo on the Arisaka.
Troops in Europe got the cut down ones that matched the length of the German Bayo's.
Bayonets are generally crap, they are meant to be multi purpose so they don't do anything well.
Unless you are restoring a collector arm they are a waste of money.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »
Two parting thoughts on this thread. The collapsible stock is a great idea as everyone from a five foot nothing woman, to a seven foot gorilla can use the weapon. Second, as Tom pointed out, they can adjust for body armor, winter gear etc. Second, for every time a bayonet has fufilled its intended purpose, its been used a million times as a utility knife to do camp chores. So yes, I'd still issue them, but I won't be buying one for my SHTF rifle. I've got a good knife, and I am not fool enough to engage in a bayonet fight with an M4. I'll pull the Glock or find an elsewhere to be if that's out of ammo as well. ;D
FQ13

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »
Looks pretty good. I love my Bayonet over seas. I wanted to keep it but we had to turn them back in. But it was my large fixed blade. I didnt have any Busse or some other crazy crap. It held a great edge, I used more than once to pry open stuff. Once I even used it and my Sgt's as foot pegs in a wall in LA at JRTC.
Did we win???

justbill

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
Is it just me or does the idea of putting a bayonet on a plastic, collapsible stock carbine seem about as silly as the pistol bayonet?

Hey! Speak for yourself!

Just kidding. This pistol bayonet belonged to a friend. He bought it as a gag and I had to at least try it on my only railed handgun. It stayed on there just long enough to shoot the photo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk