Author Topic: Just slightly off topic but...  (Read 13493 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Just slightly off topic but...
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 01:33:14 AM »
They have combo tools that are pretty cheap( <$20) that you can buy just about anywhere.  I think AAA even gives you one if you get a qoute.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 04:15:38 AM »
I have one of these clipped to my car door alongside my wolf eyes sniper 260 led torch

the blurb
Defender – This particular model was especially designed for use by the Russian Special Ops. Police and parramilitary personnel. The knife’s low profile yet very heavy-duty design is aimed at military personnel who require a tough multipurpose tool, which is light and practical. The Defender also features a handy nylon cutting blade on the back of the handle which is a must-have tool for police, military, rescue personnel and others who are involved in motor sports. The glass breaker on the pommel of the knife is just as handy tool that can save lives in emergency situations.

The knife features liner lock system, which is considered one of the best solutions for fixing the edge in place. The linear lock keeps the blade in lock position even during very hard use.The blade features easy-open pins on both sides of the blade, making the knife universal for both left and right hand users.
Steel used in GZ knives is very similar in its chemical structure to the Kizlyar Z60 high carbon rust resistant steel. The GZ blades contain a minimum of 0.6% carbon and are heat treated and Rockwell tested to around 57HRC. Meaning that the blades will hold a good edge under stress, but most important of all they can be maintained and resharpened with ease and quickly. The blades are sharpened at an bevel angle of 35 degrees, which is the best working angle for medium to heavy duty work and is still relatively easy to touch up and maintain.

Total Length

197мм
Blade length

82мм
Handle length

115мм
Blade thickness

3мм
Blade hight

26мм
Handle thickness

12мм
Weight

115 gr
Hardness

56-58 HRC

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
TAB, thanks for refreshing my memory.  Remember seeing one at AAA.  Will check it out.

sledge, I have looked at several knifes but uncertain about "Local Laws" when I travel and want an "unknife" type.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 04:38:23 AM »
I agree with Mitch. We do roll over drills in military vehicles all the time. We carry seatbelt cutters but are not allowed to use them during training. We just brace ourselves and let gravity do the rest.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:22:21 AM »

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
Least you know where it is when ya need it!   LOL

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
TAB, thanks for refreshing my memory.  Remember seeing one at AAA.  Will check it out.

sledge, I have looked at several knifes but uncertain about "Local Laws" when I travel and want an "unknife" type.

Richard

I hear you mate, but frankly I have had enough of the BS laws about what I can and cant do to last me a life time.
We are not supposed to carry a pocket knife unless we have a "reason" to. Apparently because I want to is not a good enough excuse. If its good enough for a crim to carry then its good enough for me.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

capbyrd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
Yep.  I keep one of those in my trunk.   ;D

P.S.  That's a joke, son.  I'm not really that stupid, but I do know people that are.

I used to keep one in my car.  I rigged it up to the door panel.  It wasn't going anywhere if the car was upside down, sideways or backwards and was within reach. 

bodean87

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 01:09:04 PM »
I have seen the release jam once. It was in a 95 or so chevy 1500. It was in a head on crash, so it had alot of force on it. It happens but it is rare.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk