Author Topic: 922r Checklist and Definition  (Read 12979 times)

WIshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 922r Checklist and Definition
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 08:31:59 PM »
A Saiga doesn't have any US made parts.  It comes from Russia with the stock, handguard and mag.
The mag well isn't really any different except for a little metal tab that they throw in there.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 08:53:24 PM »
A Saiga doesn't have any US made parts.  It comes from Russia with the stock, handguard and mag.
The mag well isn't really any different except for a little metal tab that they throw in there.

Hence the dremel. ;D
FQ13

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 08:09:12 PM »
I've worn out my position and calls to my local Saiga distributor, the subsection (1) I posted more than twice from the statute that directly exonerates the rifle, including the regional rep.

As they make high cap mags in America, specifically for that rifle, I will use them, enjoy them, and utilize a well made AK and all the bells and whistles I may or may not want to add, including an American adjustable stock. Been to the Saiga forum.

This is right up there with declaring your guns on your taxes. Microstamping bullets, and submitting psych evals. to the AG for ultimate consideration when purchasing a firearm.

For those that find it a ligit concern, get something else, an AR, or modify it to your level of comfort and compliance.

Good shooting.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 08:19:54 PM »
I've worn out my position and calls to my local Saiga distributor, the subsection (1) I posted more than twice from the statute that directly exonerates the rifle, including the regional rep.

As they make high cap mags in America, specifically for that rifle, I will use them, enjoy them, and utilize a well made AK and all the bells and whistles I may or may not want to add, including an American adjustable stock. Been to the Saiga forum.

This is right up there with declaring your guns on your taxes. Microstamping bullets, and submitting psych evals. to the AG for ultimate consideration when purchasing a firearm.

For those that find it a ligit concern, get something else, an AR, or modify it to your level of comfort and compliance.

Good shooting.
No argument from me TW, just a warning to newbies that there are issues to be aware of. I asked on another thread, but I'll ask again here. What model did you get and how does it work?
FQ13

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=10916.0

It's the version 03. AK 7.62x39.  haven't tried it yet... Same plant and specs as the Kalashnikovs, not the Romanian or Yugo stuff, which just seemed too sloppy, even by AK standards.

Range report will follow to be sure, trying to get a digital camcorder for water jugs ad produce victims,...

Or if zombies show up,.... ;)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:08:44 AM »

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
As someone who really doesn't want to cause the thread to drift, these question seems some what relevant. PM me if this is too much off topic. To avoid dealing with all the legalities involved with AK clones, can someone recommend to me an decent AK style rifle that wouldn't really be very expensive. I've seen AKs costing in the $800s and that is way more than I would spend. I just want one to have one I guess you could say. One that I can go to the range with and have fun but still be able to count on in a crunch.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

WIshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »
From the mississippi auto arms website.  They are a major dealer for Saiga rifles and accesories.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/surefire-saiga-762x39-30rd-polymer-magazine-clear-p-265.html

-----------------------
Surefire Saiga 7.62x39 30RD Polymer magazine with bolt hold open feature on last round. Glass filled clear polymer magazines. Made in USA and counts as 3 component US parts.

Must be used in a 922r Compliant rifle. The Saiga Rifle out of the box is not compliant with high capacity magazines.
-----------------------

I just want to make sure everybody who reads the thread understands.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 08:47:15 PM »
As someone who really doesn't want to cause the thread to drift, these question seems some what relevant. PM me if this is too much off topic. To avoid dealing with all the legalities involved with AK clones, can someone recommend to me an decent AK style rifle that wouldn't really be very expensive. I've seen AKs costing in the $800s and that is way more than I would spend. I just want one to have one I guess you could say. One that I can go to the range with and have fun but still be able to count on in a crunch.
I would reccomend Classic arms or (I think) J@G sales (PM Billt he uses them.) Classic has a US built Century with a Green Mountain barrel and extras for around five and a half. Fully compliant and a good deal. The jury is split on Century. They used to make some bad stuff, but apparently have cleaned up their act. There are also plenty of Wassers and Bulgarians for a reasonable price.
FQ13

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 04:49:16 AM »
I'm more interested in the Saiga-12 shotguns:

That's from Tromix in Oklahoma.  He does the conversions.   ;D

Here's a full auto version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_zIrgtv1J0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk