Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186571 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1440 on: May 02, 2024, 11:57:33 PM »
I ate half a brick of smoked mozzarella cheese. Now I'm drinking a Whining Pirate, sort of. Instead of Cheerwine  wild cherry soda and Captain Morgan spiced rum, I have Cheerwine Zero and Admiral Nelson spiced rum. I don't like Captain Morgan and bought a jug of Admiral Nelson, before I went to a store that had BACARDÍ Spiced rum, yum yum, and I bought a "gallon" of it, 3.5 liters (2x1.75L). That's what I wanted in the first place, but had to settle for the admiralty instead.

Made with aged rum and with a hint of smokiness from charred American oak barrels, BACARDÍ Spiced is a Gluten free rum blended with natural flavors and spices for a bold, yet smooth taste. BACARDÍ Spiced rum’s liquid has both light and deep notes, making it perfect for mixing the best spiced rum drinks.
I'll drink to that.

https://cheerwine.com/

https://www.bacardi.com/us/en/our-rums/spiced-rum/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1441 on: May 04, 2024, 01:06:12 AM »
As I lie in bed watching a movie, I ate sea salt malt and vinegar potato chips mixed with avocado cilantro lime potato chips, and smoked mozzarella cheese. I finished all 3 of them, then got up when the movie was over. IMO, malt vinegar chips tastes better than other potato chips that are full of **** and vinegar. ;)

Now I'm having a cocktail. It's the Bee's Knees and I made it a double. When life gives you lemons… make a cocktail. The Bee’s Kees is a Prohibition-era cocktail featuring gin, lemon juice and honey. Make Honey Syrup by mixing 2 parts honey to 1 part hot water. Let cool. Mix 2 ounces gin, 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed, and 1/2 ounce honey syrup. Shake with ice until well-chilled. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist, and it's the Bee's Knees!

Or, if you're like me, just buy some canned cocktails and put them in the fridge at 40 degrees for a day or more. I bought these among others at a local "upscale" deli. I think I'll be ordering several more online. That was 52 proof and went down nice and smooth. I'm going to toss some pepperoni pizza Bosco Sticks in the microwave (not a recommended way to eat them), then try a double Manhattan cocktail. I loves me some Manhattans. Too bad I don't have cherries to garnish them with. But, I'm drinking from a disposable plastic hotel room cup, so the cherries are a minor detail as far as the overall presentation is concerned. :)

A Prohibition era standard that deserves wider acclaim, the Bee’s Knees is a classic for a reason. Tart lemon and floral honey balance each other, while the gin’s botanicals give it a crispness that’ll put extra spring in your step. The drink dates back to Paris in the 1920’s, but we think it deserves a proper introduction to a larger swarm of fans.

Tasting Notes

Citrus peel, crisp tart lemon and floral notes of dried lavender.

The lavender is subtle, not overpowering by any means. I give this one a big fat thumb's up.

https://tiptopcocktails.com/

https://www.boscosticks.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1442 on: May 04, 2024, 06:00:04 AM »
I thought I had a 4-pack of Manhattans, but they were Old Fashioned cocktails, so I poured myself a double after I ate several Bosco sticks. It's 74 proof, so there's not much in it besides whiskey. Something good to sip, not chug. Whiskey, Sugar, Bitters. That's all.

The Old Fashioned is the original cocktail. It’s as classic as it gets and, when done right, it’s the mark of a master. You want to taste the bourbon, followed by a hint of sweet orangey citrus and rounded out at the finish with the warming spice of bitters.

Tasting Notes

Vanilla, citrus and caramel on the palate going into a stone fruit and spice finish.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1443 on: May 05, 2024, 02:33:24 AM »
I ordered 5 meals from Home Chef, each one was supposed to be 2 servings, but when it got here everything was warm except what was setting on the single ice pack in the bottom of the box. Luckily all the meat was in one bag in the bottom of the box, and the other ingredients were in in separate bags for each meal. Everything sorted and ready to go, except the meat for each meal. I decided to salvage what I could, and had the orange-sesame pork rice bowl with green onions and crispy wontons that I previously posted a picture of. And I had the one-pan BBQ ranch pork flautas with cheddar and corn, but didn't eat anything else until now.

I had to throw out a 1 pound bag of shrimp for for the sweet and spicy shrimp tacos with poblano slaw and cotija. The other 2 meals were buttermilk chicken schnitzel with cucumber-dill sauce and zucchini, and chipotle pesto beef meatballs with chile-cumin carrots and zucchini. Most of the ingredients for all 3 meals seemed somewhat okay, except for the shrimp, so I decided to cook it all into 1 big mishmash of a meal. Here's what I did...

I fried the 6 small flour tortillas in plenty of hot oil until they were brown on both sides and crispy, and stacked them on a plate with paper towels between them. I smashed the stack of tortillas down and broke them into small pieces that I put in a large mixing bowl. I stirred in 1/2 oz. of crumbled feta cheese, 1 oz. of grated cotija cheese, and 1 tsp. of chile and cumin rub, then set it aside in 2 paper bowls. I had to throw out the small Persian cucumber because it was limp and slimy like a... bad cucumber. I fried up 2 boneless skinless chicken tits (12 oz.) with Cajun seasoning and 3 kinds of Frank's RedHot seasoning. They may not have still been good, but they would be flavorful. I set them aside to drain on paper towels, and stated prepping all my vegetables. Using the leftover, leftover oil from the tortillas and chicken, I started cooking 2 2/3 diced zucchinis, and 2 2/3 sliced carrots (8 oz. - 1/3 carrot that was bad). After awhile I added 1 diced poblano pepper, and a couple minutes later 2 chopped green onions, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 chopped sprigs of dill, minus the thicker parts of the stems. I added 1 tsp. buttermilk-dill seasoning, and 1 tsp. onion salt while the vegetables were cooking. When the vegetables were done, I put them in the large mixing bowl and drained as much oil out of them as I could, and used paper towels to soak up more oil. Then I stirred in 2 oz. of cream cheese,1 oz. of sour cream, 1.26 oz. of mayonnaise, and 1 oz. of apricot preserves. Then I browned 10 oz. of ground beef, seasoned with 1 Tbsp. of chipotle pesto, and 2 tsp. of ancho cinnamon rub. When it was done I drained the oil from the meat and put it in a bowl. I squeezed as much juice as I cared to from 1 lime and 1 lemon into the bowl with the vegetables and stuff, stirred it in, added 4 oz. of slaw mix and stirred it in too. I stirred in the 2 chicken breasts which I diced up, then stirred in the ground beef. Lastly I stirred in the 2 bowls full of seasoned tortilla chip pieces. After I had everything combined and mixed well, I divided it into 3 bowls. The only things I didn't put in it were 2 bags of panko breadcrumbs (3/4 cup), and 2 Tbsp. of cornstarch.

I ate one bowlful of this concoction, and although it sounds like it would taste bad, and it doesn't look great, it actually tastes good. I put the 2 lime halves and 2 lemon halves I squeezed in a glass and have been drinking Coca-Cola Spiced with the fruit in it. When I finish this glass, I'll eat the fruit and throw the peels in the compost jug, letting nothing go to waste that doesn't have to. I had to throw out almost half of the green part of the green onions, but other than that, a cucumber, part of a carrot, and part of a zucchini that may have gotten too cold before it turned mushy, I salvaged pretty much everything, except for the shrimp that may have made good catfish bait. I think they're attracted to things that smell really bad. I put the bag of shrimp in a grocery bag and tied a knot in it, then put that in another bag, and then another, tying a knot in each one. Then I put it in my freezer so it doesn't stink up my trash for 2 more days. These 3 bowls of food are 4 1/2 servings by my estimate. I'll probably have 1 for breakfast and the last 1 for dinner, unless I get sick and think it's from eating stuff that should have been thrown away.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1444 on: May 05, 2024, 04:57:11 AM »
Well, I got my (double) Manhattan. It's a Dashfire FIG & CASCARA MANHATTAN, 38% ABV (76 proof) made with Rye Whiskey, Cream Sherry, House Botanical Blend, Bitters Blend. Dashfire makes a LOT of different kinds of bitters, and makes some canned and bottled cocktails with them. Cascara is the dried skins and/or pulp of the fruit of the coffee plant that remain after the coffee beans have been collected from within, AKA coffee cherries. Some people make coffee cherry tea, an herbal tea, from it, that tastes nothing like coffee, but is fruity and slightly sweet, with about the same amount of caffeine in it as black tea. This ready-to-pour Manhattan Cocktail is made with Rye Whiskey, Cream Sherry & bitters, elevated with the addition of Black Mission Fig, Cascara Cherry, Vanilla and Rhubarb Root. I like plain old restaurant Manhattans made with whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters, better than this  fancy stuff.

https://www.dashfire.us/home

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_cherry_tea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_fig

Sponsor

« Reply #1445 on: Today at 05:47:08 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #1445 on: May 05, 2024, 05:23:18 PM »
Toasted Ezekiel raisin bread with butter and MAYHAW jelly. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #1446 on: Today at 11:32:24 AM »
Toasted Ezekiel raisin bread with butter and MAYHAW jelly

From the I-10 store??

We had egg sandwiches for breakfast and a chili dog for lunch.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #1447 on: Today at 05:43:49 PM »
Nope.  Somewhere around here.  Too much sure gel in it. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk