Author Topic: What's up with Dillon lately  (Read 16195 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What's up with Dillon lately
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
I have use a Dillon tumbler, lightly, for the last 2-3 years.  I only use it to polish reloaded brass with corn cob and a bit of alcohol.

Anyway, last time I used it I went to dump it into my media separator.  The bowl was very warm, almost hot to the touch.  The motor was to hot to touch.  This is after two hours of use.  No liquid had ever ben used it it.  On close inspection, a wire, what look like maybe a ground wire had pulled loose from the motor.  Who ever attached the wire at the factory didn't leave any slack and it looks like the vibrations pulled it out of the attachment.  I took pictures and e-mail them with a note to Dillon, once about 3 weeks ago and another last week.  No response.

Have they been bought out or something?  Looks like the least they could do would be to tell me how to fix it.  As hot as it was, it is a fire hazard.

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
Re: What's up with Dillon lately
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 05:08:24 PM »
If the Dillon products I have go bad either I call or just send them back. I receive new parts or the  equipment is fixed no charge.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 05:13:49 PM »
Maybe the new one's in the mail and just hasn't arrive yet.  Of course a note to that affect would be nice.

Looks like a ground wire.   I'd get a short piece of green 14/16 gauge with a crimp splice and a new crimp eye.  Extend the existing cable with a small loop of new and replace the eyelet.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »
It is sooooo much easier to call and talk to them!!!!  That is why they have a tech line.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »
It is sooooo much easier to call and talk to them!!!!  That is why they have a tech line.

Richard

Tried calling repeatedly.  Busy, Busy.  That is why I sent by e-mail.  I've been a customer for over three years, have a 550B bought from them, and 7 sets of their carbide dies, plus many other of their smaller items.  Probably spent $4K in the last few years.  Granted, stuff has been a bit crazy since we-all-know-why, but if they can't answer their e-mails in three weeks and the phone is constantly busy that should be a signal to change their business model.

I'll try to fix it myself as advised.  I'll go by the hardware store in the next few days.  My primary tumbler is a Thumbler, thankfully.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:23:37 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
it only took them like 3 hours to  reply  in feb, have you checked your junk folders?  Some times stuff gets sent there by the filters.  Sadly they tend to auto delete these days.   sadly gun owners like to shoot themselfs in the foot.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:12 PM »
I bet the emails got sh!tcanned by their antivirus software. I wouldn't open an email that has pics attached if it was my business.
Virtually NO company will open an email that has an attachment w/o knowing who it came from and why.

Resend it w/o the pics and title it "Need a Return Merchandise Authorization".
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:51 AM »
I bet the emails got sh!tcanned by their antivirus software. I wouldn't open an email that has pics attached if it was my business.
Virtually NO company will open an email that has an attachment w/o knowing who it came from and why.

Resend it w/o the pics and title it "Need a Return Merchandise Authorization".

Thanks, great advice.  I never thought about that.  I'll add to this thread if I get positive results.  Much of my problems probably stems from the hysteria that remains on the firearms thing.  Seems lately the activist news media reports every incident, no mater how newsworthy adding to my frustration.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
Good luck....hope all it was a mis-communication with the email, as suggested.

If not, Alf is correct....it is an easy DIY fix to lengthen the wire with a small piece of wire, a splice terminal and a new ring terminal from Lowe's (or auto parts store).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »
Strange about the phone being busy.  I've called maaaaaany times and have never had a busy signal.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk