Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186023 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1430 on: April 21, 2024, 07:05:12 AM »
Nothing yet today.  Trying to diet down some pounds....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #1431 on: April 21, 2024, 05:39:09 PM »
Not eating will make your body think it's starving and you'll gain weight when you do eat something.

I just finished some chicken nuggets with enough "Hot Peter" to make me need to blow my nose when I finished. It only felt a little bit warm on my tongue, not enough to make my eyes water or anything like that. I'll have an Italian beef sub later. I only ate 3 of 8 mini sub buns so far, and need to eat them before they get stale. But I think the last one will be a dunker with no meat on it. I've been piling it on pretty good and will likely run out.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1432 on: April 22, 2024, 09:22:05 PM »
I put something else on a sub roll after I melted Colby Jack cheese on it. Certified Angus Italian style meatballs. I didn't have any Italian type of sauce but I had BBQ sauce. I used up the last of the hot pineapple, ginger & rum BBQ sauce, mixed with ketchup and some water to thin it out. I had 16 meatballs, but only put 6 on the roll and ate the other 10 from the bowl with it.

The next time I have BBQ sauce on anything, I have 2 from The Drunken Butcher plus another 1 to choose from. Montgomery Inn was rated in the Top 5 BBQ Sauces by Bon Appetit Magazine. And I didn't have to go to The Original restaurant in The Village of Montgomery, OH or The Boathouse on the Ohio River in Cincinnati to get it. I'm almost certain I picked it up on sale at Kroger.

This is the sauce I had from Kroger, but they don't have it anymore.

https://thedrunkenbutcher.us/collections/sauces

https://www.montgomeryinn.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ves0303pkLk 
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1433 on: April 23, 2024, 07:58:19 AM »
Cracked pepper beef jerky chips, with a vodka mule to drink.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1434 on: April 23, 2024, 09:37:20 PM »
Old El Paso cinnamon churro flavor fiesta twists, with a can or Spiced Zero Sugar Coke.

Coke Zero Sugar has aspartame in it, but not as much as Diet Coke, and it has acesulfame potassium, also know as Ace K, which is is 200 times sweeter than sugar and gets rid of the nasty flavor and metallic aftertaste Diet Coke has. I didn't know it had aspartame in it, I thought it was suralose which is about 600 times sweeter than sugar, and stuff with sucralose generally tastes like it was sweetened with plain old sugar. A lot of times it's mixed with aspartame or acesulfame potassium to make them taste better, but not this time. The Spiced Coke is drinkable but not great. I got a free 12 pack of cans when I bought 3 other 12 packs of Coke products, so the price was right. The website says it tastes like raspberries and spice, but it's too sweet and tastes odd compared to regular flavor Coke zero sugar. It tastes more like flavored iced tea than Coke, but it took me a few days just to figure that out.

Sponsor

« Reply #1435 on: Today at 06:41:38 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1435 on: April 25, 2024, 01:17:19 AM »
A sandwich and potato chips, with Bananas Foster flavor ice cream for dessert.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1436 on: April 25, 2024, 04:52:52 AM »
Sriracha bacon jerky, and a vodka mule. It's not a Moscow Mule because it's not Russian vodka. Sriracha and ginger beer is a little bit spicy, and twice as nicey.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1437 on: April 26, 2024, 03:05:18 AM »
A stuffed roll from a party store/gas station by where I used to work. It was like a meat lover's pizza stuffed in a piece of bread dough 11" long and baked. Not bad. They have pepperoni pizza stuffed rolls too. And they make Polish sausage stuffed rolls that have the sausage hanging out on both ends. If you want a portable polish sausage, that's one way to do it. They have hundreds off kinds of beer in the fridges, and liquor stacked to the ceiling. They must need a 15' ladder to reach it all.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g42251-d873466-Reviews-Food_Castle-Grand_Blanc_Michigan.html

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1438 on: April 27, 2024, 09:58:02 PM »
BBQ ranch pork flautas with cheddar and corn. Not too bad, but not worth the effort to cook them IMO.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1439 on: April 29, 2024, 08:59:54 AM »
Orange-sesame pork rice bowl topped with green onions, crispy wonton strip pieces, and multicolor sesame seeds. I burned the rice but scraped the unburned rice out and it tasted good. It helped that I could see through the bottom of the pot where the black ring was. I used a lot of oil frying everything else, so I may suffer heartburn or something later. It tasted good, but I still don't like cooking. It takes too much time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk