Author Topic: Glass Gem Corn  (Read 548 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
Re: Glass Gem Corn
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2023, 08:20:36 AM »
Ah dude, you hit a nerve with those corn pics.  I planted some of those in 2022 but got called away and the planting flopped (a drought ensued and the cows got out into the garden).

Here's a place where you can buy those seeds:  https://www.rareseeds.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=corn
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2023, 02:45:54 PM »
Ah dude, you hit a nerve with those corn pics.  I planted some of those in 2022 but got called away and the planting flopped (a drought ensued and the cows got out into the garden).

Here's a place where you can buy those seeds:  https://www.rareseeds.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=corn

That sucks. I've seen those cute little ears of strawberry popcorn in the store before. I think they came in a popcorn kit. I like the Dakota Black Popcorn. That's the blackest corn I've ever seen. And the Bloody Butcher Dent Corn is the deepest red I've seen. They had some good pictures of the Glass Gems Corn on there too.

Today's wallpaper is a picture of Toledo, Spain which has been world famous for making swords and other weapons for hundreds of years. Here's a picture of some souvenirs in a shop window. The local newspaper in Toledo, Ohio is The Blade, named after Toledo, Spain's reputation. The Toledo Blade has been published for 188 years. Besides seeing newspaper delivery boxes for it, there was a big sign saying Home of the Mud Hens when I was entering the outskirts of Toledo years ago. I remember watching M*A*S*H when I was a youngster, and Corporal Klinger was always talking about the Toledo Mud Hens. The Toledo Mud Hens are a Minor League Baseball team of the International League and the Triple-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. Professional baseball had been played off and on in Toledo since 1883, and the Mud Hens era began in 1896 with the "Swamp Angels", who played in the Interstate League. They played in Bay View Park, which was outside the Toledo city limits and therefore not covered by the city's blue laws. The park was located near marshland inhabited by American coots, also known as "mud hens." For this reason, the local press soon dubbed the team the "Mud Hens"—a nickname that has stuck to Toledo baseball teams for all but a few years since.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2023, 02:47:01 PM »
The rest.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk