Author Topic: HERSHEY’S Black Magic Cake  (Read 943 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
HERSHEY’S Black Magic Cake
« on: December 03, 2023, 08:52:47 PM »
I finally found the recipe for the cake I made many, many years ago with HHERSHEY'S cocoa and coffee, before my ex stole my HERSHEY'S recipe book. It's called HERSHEY’S Black Magic Cake. The black magic is the rich dark color and enchanting flavor. It put a spell on me. It's a beginner skill level recipe, so anyone can give it a try. When asked why it has coffee in it different sites say things like, "Why Are we Using Coffee? Apart from the fact that coffee is the elixir of the gods, it's because it makes the chocolate flavour so much more intense and delicious. This cake does not taste like coffee, I promise you. It tastes like the most decadent, rich and complex chocolate cake you've ever had. So even if you're tempted to skip it, don't.", "The coffee added to the batter is purely there to bring out the chocolate flavour and is not noticeable in the finished cake.", "I know I sound like a broken record, but I really can’t emphasize enough: This cake doesn’t taste like coffee.", and so on. One lady said her husband DETESTS coffee but LOVES HERSHEY’S Black Magic Cake. That's testimony enough for some, but the proof is in the batter.

If you have a coffee allergy, don't fret, there's still HERSHEY’S “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake. I haven't made this one, but it's also a rookie level of difficulty. They each have 1/2 cup of vegetable oil to make them moist. Using oil instead of butter cuts down on the amount of water in the batter. Water + flour = gluten. More gluten makes for a tougher cake, but more fat makes a more tender cake. It's a win-win situation making it with oil. Here are the links for Quick Cocoa Glaze and "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting, too. I expect to see a bunch of people telling me I was right about how great chocolate cake with coffee in it is, or else I was wrong. Either way, I'll be happy that you tried it.

https://www.hersheyland.com/recipes/black-magic-cake.html

https://www.hersheyland.com/recipes/hersheys-perfectly-chocolate-chocolate-cake.html

https://www.hersheyland.com/recipes/quick-cocoa-glaze.html

https://www.hersheyland.com/recipes/perfectly-chocolate-chocolate-frosting.html
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: HERSHEY’S Black Magic Cake
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 08:56:55 PM »
Here's what a slice of that old black magic looks like. Give in to the dark side.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 08:57:08 AM »
BCM.      BLACK CAKE MATTERS!!!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 09:52:35 AM »
Uh,

The Bourbon is missing.

Just FYI, my teetotalling grandmother's rule of thumb was 1 GENEROUS Tablespoon of Bourbon per egg. This originally applied to egg nog but I learned later that she applied it to a lot of her baking as well.   As she got older the "generous" got bigger.  Of course she'd go to Sunday school and truthfully proclaim she'd never set foot in a liquor store in her life.  My dad did all her "shopping" for her.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 10:03:21 AM »
BCM.      BLACK CAKE MATTERS!!!

George Bush Doesn't Care About Black Cakes!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:36:56 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 12:02:18 PM »
 ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 01:37:03 PM »

Bourbon Infused Cakes Matter More
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 02:32:27 PM »
George Bush Doesn't Care About Black Cakes!

So, he can be an idiot from time to time! (IMHO)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 03:28:32 PM »

The Bourbon is missing.

For my birthday a few years ago, my dear wife made me a chocolate bourbon Bundt cake with Ghirardelli milk and dark chocolate. Bourbon was mixed into the dough to have the alcohol cooked off. THEN, she iced it with bourbon icing that was NOT cooked, so between the sugar and bourbon, it's fine! So fine we can freeze half of it in Saran Wrap and 6 months later it is still potent!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 12:48:52 PM »
You bourbon folk ain't had nothin' 'til you jump on a slice a bourbon pecan pie.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk