Author Topic: Kid Shelleen  (Read 1142 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Kid Shelleen
« on: July 25, 2021, 09:35:51 AM »
Another year has passed, and the reminder of an old friend pops up. 

In honor of the Kid's 63rd, here is his last post to all of us:

The Seasoned DRTV Rangers / Wow and Thanks
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
Howdy to everyone from Kid. I am once again humbled, deeply touched, and extremely blessed to be friends with so many incredible people.

It has been so long since I have been on the site, I figured that I was a fast fading memory. I have missed all of you but I have to confess that things continue to be pretty tough. I am still battling a post-op abdominal infection, as well as MRSA (the nasty antibiotic resistant form of Staph infection) and my Reiter's Syndrome. I continue to have an ostomy from when they removed my colon. I was due for an ostomy closure last July...just before my insurance dropped the family.

Every day seems to be a repeat of the one before. I get up from a restless night and spend the next 2 to 4 hours soaking in an extremely hot tub and taking however much Norco and morphine that it takes to get my abdominal pain to a, hopefully, tolerable level (Johnny Bravo has changed my alias from Kid Shelleen to "Aquaman" ;D). The Reiter's is uncontrolled because I can't take the needed immunosupressant meds to control it, until we stop the infections. That results in many days where the Reiter's makes it far to painful to weightbear, so there is the old walker, or if my arms, shoulders, elbows, wrists or hands are flaring too, I switch to the old wheelchair (The Kids iron horse). I still have no insurance or prescription coverage, but things aren't all bad.

I have so many other blessings that it is hard to keep track. We have awesome friends, including each and everyone of you, we have an incredible church family, and an exceptional bunch of relatives (lead by Johnny Bravo). I also have the best wife on the planet and some pretty awesome kids.

A terrific Christian based organization is helping with many of our prescriptions (If you know anyone that could benefit, who has a low fixed income and is without insurance, please e-mail me at cdbaum@suddenlink.net and I'll try to assist them with their prescriptions).

I also just became Medicare eligible on July 1st. I need hospitalization for IV antibiotic treatment to try to stop these rampant infections and Medicare will only pay 80%. We are now diligently searching for a Medicare supplement to cover the other 20% for hospitalization. If we can whip these infections, I can have surgery to get reconnected and finally get rid of these rotten osteomy bags. Medicare supplements are very limited for those under 65 (meaning us disabled folks) and they ,so far, seem pretty expensive, but I know that we will find the right one.

This has been a long "Thank You" but I figured that I owed you guys an update. To all of you that send occasional e-mails, I apologise that I have not been checking e-mail for several months. I will do my best to check it several times a week for the next few weeks to see if anyone needs prescription assistance. Also please continue to include me if there is anyone on the site that needs our help. I will always take the time for words of encouragement or to send what small financial assistance that we can. Even though I'm rarely on the computer, Johnny B. can keep me up to speed on the important stuff.............especially, if you guys and gals stay on his butt to remind me. ;D

Bumps in the road of life are just an inconvenience, Gods blessings ALWAYS outnumber any hardships. All of you are a gigantic blessing!

Thanks again to all of you. You cannot imagine what a boost that your incredible kindness has given to both me and to my family.

Adios for now and God bless all of you and your families,

David, Kid Shelleen
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
Re: Kid Shelleen
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 01:25:16 PM »
Yeah, dadgummit.  I really like him.  He went through hell.  Didn't he get sick from contaminated peanut butter crackers or something like that?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Kid Shelleen
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 06:10:37 PM »
I think it was from that load of salmonella-contaminated peanut butter out of the ConAgra plant just a few miles away from me in Sylvester, GA...... both Peter Pan and Great Value brands were in the batches.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk