Poll

Which is the best?

M1 Garand
Mosin-Nagant M91
Lee-Enfield SMLE mkIII/IV
Mauser Gewehr 98
Arisaka rifle

Author Topic: Best WWII infantry battle rifle  (Read 40436 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
Re: Best WWII infantry battle rifle
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »
You guys give TAB a break. He/she is entitled to get hormonal once a month.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2009, 11:11:20 PM »
You guys give TAB a break. He/she is entitled to get hormonal once a month.thread

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 08:15:21 AM »
Ok, I'll be nice.
DesertMarine

NYPD13

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2009, 06:26:49 AM »
I wasn't expecting a poll. Thought this was a rhetorical question.

tombogan03884

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »
I wasn't expecting a poll. Thought this was a rhetorical question.

It is really because the only listed choice's that were designed after 1900 were the Garand and the Arisaka.
http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl22-e.htm

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 06:20:01 AM »

beagleman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
The M1 Garand is the the gun that the infantry man had when he went to all these countries in Europe when WWII broke out and that is the, in my onion, that won the war for America.

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
That one was a bit before my time, and I can't say from experience.  My father was there, though.  He was already in the Army when the war began, and by the time he got into the fight (Sicily) he was battalion first sergeant.  He was issued an M-1 Carbine and after his first battle, got rid of it and had the quartermaster issue him an M-1 Garand.  He said the Carbine's loads were not powerful enough.  When he hit Nazi's and Black Shirts, they didn't go down right away, but kept fighting.  The Garand didn't have that problem. 

Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2009, 07:27:16 PM »
I picked the SMLE because it was the best bolt-action rifle of WWI and WWII.....

...but the best semi-auto by far was the M1941 Johnson rifle....ten rounds, could be topped off w/ Springfield clips or single rounds...easy to take down....and no "ping"....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_rifle
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

tombogan03884

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
I picked the SMLE because it was the best bolt-action rifle of WWI and WWII.....

...but the best semi-auto by far was the M1941 Johnson rifle....ten rounds, could be topped off w/ Springfield clips or single rounds...easy to take down....and no "ping"....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_rifle

The first "weapons system" as the same action was used for a light machine gun used by USMC Raiders and the 1st Special service Force.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
The first "weapons system" as the same action was used for a light machine gun used by USMC Raiders and the 1st Special service Force.

You talkin' 'bout The Devil's Brigade? ...   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Brigade

Just watched the movie, with William Holden about two hours ago on TCM.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk