Author Topic: UPS vs. USPS  (Read 33366 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: UPS vs. USPS
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2018, 06:46:35 AM »
I also just found this on their website at the bottom of the page about their shipping policy.

"PLEASE NOTE:
DUE TO OUR HIGH VOLUME OF ORDERS, OUR SHIPPING TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 7 TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS ON SOME BUT NOT ALL ORDERS ( EXCEPT DURING HOLIDAYS, WHEN SHIPPING TIMES CAN BE CONSIDERABLY LONGER). WE DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO GET ORDERS OUT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US REGARDING STATUS UNTIL A FULL 10 BUSINESS DAYS HAVE PASSED - THIS WILL ONLY DELAY US IN GETTING ORDERS OUT SOONER. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE."

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/shipping-policy.aspx

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2018, 03:21:02 PM »
Getting back to UPS vs USPS

I just ordered 10k Federal Primers (Gator supply in Naples) and they came FedEx.

Signature required.

So I go on-line to the FedEx website because they've emailed about the pending delivery and extolled me on all the delivery options available.    Scheduled for a Wednesday.  I won't be home. 

No problem:
  • Have them delivered them to work.   OPTION NOT AVAILABLE
  • Only deliver on Friday.   OPTION NOT AVAILABLE
  • Hold at FedEx center for pickup.  OPTION NOT AVAILABLE

Okay what are my options?
  • Front Door
  • Back Door
  • Side Door
  • Garage

No problem for me.  I'm not in a hurry.  The driver, and FedEx, wastes 2 trips to my house because they
won't let me change anything about the delivery on a hazmat.

Next time I will go ahead and have them delivered to work from the get-go.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2018, 11:29:29 PM »
That's one of the things I really like abut UPS Alf. If they can't deliver something without a signature, I just go to UPS and pick it up. That's if I don't want them to try again the next day.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2018, 04:57:47 AM »
FedEx too will hold them at their nearby facility for pickup.  It's just that they waste 3 trips to my house before they do hold them.   
Will work for ammo

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2018, 05:18:20 AM »
It seems that the "Signature Required" is the main stumbling block here. I don't know if that's a Fed Ex requirement, or a requirement from the place you ordered from? Primers are a Haz Mat item, so it sounds like the decision is Fed Ex's.

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 02:03:30 PM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2018, 09:26:09 AM »
FedEx too will hold them at their nearby facility for pickup.  It's just that they waste 3 trips to my house before they do hold them.

It has been a long while but I thought they used to have a website screen that allowed you to go in and tell them to hold it for you when you wanted?????
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »

Can't you just call them up like I do with UPS?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »

This is the whole point.  Neither the web site nor the 1-800 would allow me to make any changes in the delivery.   Quite probably the options were removed by the HazMat designation, but they shouldn't have been.   I wasn't asking for no-signature option or anything dangerous or in violation of their charter.  Just trying to save them wasted trips.

They wouldn't let me change delivery address, or request it be held nor could I say wait until Friday.

I'm not upset, I wasn't in a hurry. They just they screwed themselves and wasted 2 trips.  Had I not been home, 3 trips.  In which case they would have held it at the local warehouse for a week for me to pick up, which is what I wanted to request anyway.

Will work for ammo

Timothy

UPS vs. USPS
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »
Even UPS has a bad day!!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »