Author Topic: "Medical Marijuana"  (Read 4699 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: "Medical Marijuana"
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »
CBD is the medicinal agent here. 

It can be found in hemp, for instance, with no psychoactive agents present..all the health benefits, and there are reported to be many, with no "high". 

It has been illegal under the same  umbrella as marijuana until recently.  There is no need to use marijuana to get the medicinal benefits of CBD....just expensive ...

https://www.mycbd.com/

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
There have been studies published that show that legal marijuana decreases the rate of violent crime. Others show that it has no effect on crime rates. It all depends on how you use the numbers. If they studied the sales of Doritos I bet they went up where pot was "legalized".
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
I know several medical pot guys that do take it for things like aids and cancer, funny thing, none of them smoke it. They either use a vaporizer or make pot oil and add it too food.   Of all the ways too consume pot, those 2 are the methods that give you the least high, by a wide margin.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 878
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 02:08:54 PM »
I know several medical pot guys that do take it for things like aids and cancer, funny thing, none of them smoke it. They either use a vaporizer or make pot oil and add it too food.   Of all the ways too consume pot, those 2 are the methods that give you the least high, by a wide margin.

As I asked, why are we not using less recreational methods to administer the affects?  I have a guess, but I will leave it at the fact there are ways to get the benefits that do not cross into recreational use and abuse.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »
Part of the problem with research is getting the grant or the Mother May I? slip from the goobermint...and you HAD to use *their* product. No other strains allowed. 
For decades if you wanted to research the benefits, you were denied.
If you wanted to research the negatives, you were welcomed with open arms. "Proving" it is the Ebil Weed of the Debil was always most important.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:25:17 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
Remember “Reefer Madness”?

What a hoot!  That, the drunk driving movie in driver training and fresh popped corn! 

Don’t get no better’n that!!!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »
As I asked, why are we not using less recreational methods to administer the affects?  I have a guess, but I will leave it at the fact there are ways to get the benefits that do not cross into recreational use and abuse.

The less recreational methods were also illegal.  Use of CBD derived from hemp was legalized in the last few years of the Obama admin.

Here is a link giving more information...legal history is a bit down the page.

https://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/what-is-cbd-hemp-oil/
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

JaneBower

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2021, 11:18:37 AM »
I know a lot of people struggle with some of the side effects of cancer drugs, and cannabis helps a lot with that. Personally, I have never had cancer, but one of my close relatives had it. It was a fight every day and I'm really happy that she was able to fight and come out victorious in the end. I remember how hard it was for her, with nausea and constant pain in her muscles. The medications the doctors gave her weren't that helpful. She really suffered when one of the doctors gave her a prescription for medical marijuana. And it really helped. She started with the butter. We used to order them online, and it took a while to figure out which ones were the best, because each brand is a little different, and they have different concentrations of CBD. In the end, we decided on the brand that we ordered here from their website: https://weedsmart.net/product-category/marijuana-flowers/bulk/ this helped my relative a lot, so since then we have been positive about such medicines.

sammy00

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 06:44:40 AM »
I think drugs are bad, but I believe that there is nothing wrong with marijuana. Yes, it is harmful, but not more so than tobacco or alcohol. Yes, it can be addictive, but only psychological. There is no physiological dependence on marijuana. That is, withdrawal due to the abandonment of cannabis does not happen. If you see an aggressive, inadequate person on the street, he or she is definitely not under the influence of marijuana. Such behavior is more typical of alcohol, cocaine, or others. Typical weedsmokers are smiling talkative people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk