Author Topic: NRA Unleashes its Lobbyists  (Read 1655 times)

jp1

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NRA Unleashes its Lobbyists
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »
The NRA kept its dozen in-house lobbyists on lockdown in the first month after the Newtown massacre, but no more.

http://reason.com/24-7/2013/01/15/nra-unleashes-its-lobbyists

Even though I do not support unions, I think in this case it may help.

tombogan03884

Re: NRA Unleashes its Lobbyists
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »
$2 billion a year, and the best performing industry of the last 10 years .
Also the 2 best performing stocks in Ruger and S&W .

jp1

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:31 PM »
$2 billion a year, and the best performing industry of the last 10 years .
Also the 2 best performing stocks in Ruger and S&W .

I know, let’s hope and pray that the forces on the side of Freedom prevail. And of course we must do our part.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
I was discussing this with MB before Christmas, I made the off comment that the firearms industry was the last remaining industry in America still making a profit. Government answer? We must squash it!
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »
I've been trying to get it through peoples heads for years, debt, illegal immigration, gun control, entitlement bribery are not seperate issues, they are all different aspects of the same attack on freedom .

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:42:59 PM »

ccd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 08:21:14 PM »
I honestly think it is time for gun owners to politically target those who are opposing us through legislation. Our biggest enemy is the MSM and the conglomerates that own them. We need to target them in ways that would be politically acceptable to the greater population.I  would suggest:
1) Forcing cable/TV providers to offer channels ala carte.
2) Use antitrust laws to break up the vertical and horizontal monopolies that FOX, NBC/COMCAST, VIACOM and DISNEY are.
3) Look to end the broadcast of TV over the air and replace it with an Internet Protocol based TV system, if it indeed has to be replaced.

All our current efforts are doing is stalling our opponents over the long run. We need to attack them even more vigorously then they are trying to attack us.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »
Your basic idea of attacking the supporters is good .
The specific ideas you came up with are bad though .
I just saw a news story the other day that cable providers are already considering  making all channels "ala carte" instead of the current bundles .
The stated reason is that viewers only get what they want , the true, unstated reason is that the providers will make more money by charging for each channel .
The only ones who would gain by doing away with broadcast TV are the very cable companies you are aiming to hurt since they would have no competition at all .
Thing to do is start suing every time they something provably untrue .
Another angle is to directly attack network owners, and executives as was done with the Gannet news director who OKed publishing NY CCW holders info.

ccd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:21:25 PM »
  Cable companies want to offer ala carte but the content providers will never let them, because bundling is how they make all their money, especially Disney. For example Disney forces  cable companies to carry at least ESPN2 and several other channels if they wish to carry ESPN. Disney also forces the cable companies to offer ESPN and ESPN2 on their basic package or else they won't give it to them.

As to how will this effect change: The network news operations are massive money pits. They subsidize them through their cable operations, especially NBC.  Many low eyeball channels on cable only exist to run old material from news divisions. We need to make these divisions worthless. The cable companies aren't the ones I am looking to hurt, with the exception of COMCAST(owners of NBC). The more you can hurt their profitable operations, and ala carte would definitely do this, the less money they can afford to lose in their news operations. How else can Piers Morgan stay on CNN with only 500k viewers. Look at Current TV as an example. Absolutely no one watched it and yet it sold for 500 million dollars.

The break up of the monopolies is especially important as to how the book publishing industry has been used to basically launder money to the political class for their worthless memoirs. The breakup of Comcast/NBC is an imperative.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk