Author Topic: New CCW  (Read 5181 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New CCW
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »
Congratulations!!!!  I'm sure its a tough thing to get in the land of Schumer and Hillary. Don't let it expire!!! :o

You might not be able to get it back.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »
Big Saucy, Wait about a month or so and get an application for a Pa. Non Resident carry permit, Once you get that fill it out and take it to your Sheriffs office and ask if you can get the restriction removed because you need an unrestricted NY CCW to get the Pa permit. I have friends who are in Orange County NY that have gotten the full carry permit that way.

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

BigSaucy

• Active Forum Member
    • YouTube
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 08:35:07 PM »
Thank Majer. Great advice. Though it's a County Judge that makes that decision for me.

Currently it's a lifetime permit... but should that change you can be sure I'll be holding on tight to this one twyacht.

Though I have a lot of accessories to buy, I should be ready to shoot my club's next ICORE match... hopefully the USPSA match too.  ;D

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 09:04:44 AM »
Hooray for me!!! I just got my CCW today after a little over a three month wait. And because it's NY it's the unCCW stamped for Hunting and Target only but what the heck... it's a start. Now, as soon as I get my pick up slips, I can collect my Colt Lightweight Commander, S&W 686 6" and Ruger Mark I Target.

Nobody here at work will fully understand my excitement so I needed to vent off some energy... ok carry on.  ;D

Congrats BigSaucy !!!!!

shooter32
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk