Author Topic: 9mm Help  (Read 21167 times)

Scottvernonholdings

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 9mm Help
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
I am such a fan of my Kimber Pro Aegis II chambered in 9mm.  It truly is a fantastic firearm.  The styling of the gun is beautiful.  Its rich dark wood grips continue the lines cut into the slide for grip.  Contrasting grip and slide make for dynamic appearance. 

The best part of the Pro Aegis II is the reliability out of the box.  Mine remains stock with countless rounds of ammunition and will still put rounds right on the money.

Weight and balance are classic 1911.  The 9 round single stack magazine makes for seamless transitions for smaller hands.

Breakdown is easy and requires only a small pin that comes with the gun.

My only gripe is that it came with only one magazine.  You will need to buy another because the 9mm Kimber Pro Aegis II is a blast to shoot.

-Scott

Ruger-55

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »
Don't forget about the new ruger RS-9 pistol try it you may like it ... I know I do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rojawe

• Top Forum Member
  • To the Republic for which it stands One Nation
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »
CZ 75 B the most carried pistol in the world. YahooooooooooooooooooooCZ75BDme ;D :D :o
EMPLOYERS STOP THE FLOOD E-VERIFY WORKS

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 04:51:47 PM »
Everyone will have a different opinion of which is the best or their favorite gun,to me its a MATTER OF PREFERENCES,that being said,i recently bought a FNP9M that I absoloutely love from the FNH family of firearms.I will go as far as saying that i like it better than my Glock26 which i could never get rid of,great gun.The FNP9 is in the mid price range and a lot of bang for the buck,love the trigger action and it's  DA/SA with a decocker.The FNP9 had 16 round mags and the FNP9M has 15 round mags.The grip and the barrel is slightly smaller on the FNP9M than the FNP9 but is a good size for CCW or duty carry.My only complaint is that it's a little harder finding holsters for them.

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 04:54:21 PM »
Don't forget about the new ruger RS-9 pistol try it you may like it ... I know I do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As with the LCP, wait a year, till all the bugs get worked out.

CZ 75 B the most carried pistol in the world. YahooooooooooooooooooooCZ75BDme ;D :D :o

Where did you come up with that info ? I would have bet money on either the 1911 or something Chinese (Because there are a lot of Chinese  ;D )

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:35:21 AM »

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »
What ever is comfortable and you can shoot accurately and operate safely is the one to choose.  Some are better than others but don't get hung up on a name.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Ron J

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2008, 12:21:30 AM »
Is the FN Hi-power P35 1936 the same design that is available today. They have one for sale here a HP Practical. I heard that some of these pistols made by certain countrys are crap, any thoughs???

I have an all Belgium Browning HP that when I bought it, it would not feed ball ammo.  Was not a concern because I had already planned to get it tuned.  Now, it's one of the few guns that I will never get rid of.  The late great Austin Behlert did his magic on this back in the early 80's.  It's had the mag safety removed, rounded Bomar sights sunk into the slide, speed safety and a great trigger.  Gun will feed any 9mm round I feed it and shoot it accurately.  I am a big fan of the Browning HP.

With that, I would recommend you rent a few different 9's at your local range to see what you like.  I am also a huge fan of anything by SIG.  If you are looking for a full size 9mm, the P226 is fantastic.  Want something a little smaller, the P239 is outstanding (possibly the next gun I buy too). 

Whether it's a Glock, SIG, S&W or Browning ... They're all good.  Just got to find one that makes you smile. 

wisconsin

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »
I have an all Belgium Browning HP that when I bought it, it would not feed ball ammo.  Was not a concern because I had already planned to get it tuned.  Now, it's one of the few guns that I will never get rid of.  The late great Austin Behlert did his magic on this back in the early 80's.  It's had the mag safety removed, rounded Bomar sights sunk into the slide, speed safety and a great trigger.  Gun will feed any 9mm round I feed it and shoot it accurately.  I am a big fan of the Browning HP.

If a guy was interest in buying a BHP. Which one would you stay away from. Such as the BHP made by a certain country and it turned out to be of poor quality.
" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."   John Wayne

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »
I'll throw my wrench into the works to help your confusion/decision process ;D. I own one 9mm and it's a Beretta 92fs. It was my first pistol I purchased,  I liked the safety features, the thumb safety and the decocker since my 2 boys would be learning on it also. I have sent many rounds down range without a problem, it is a bit heavy for ccw but seems to be sturdy. After that I purchased 2 - .45 auto's, an M&P and a Taraus. Good luck ;)
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

tombogan03884

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 02:01:34 AM »
I'll throw my wrench into the works to help your confusion/decision process ;D. I own one 9mm and it's a Beretta 92fs. It was my first pistol I purchased,  I liked the safety features, the thumb safety and the decocker since my 2 boys would be learning on it also. I have sent many rounds down range without a problem, it is a bit heavy for ccw but seems to be sturdy. After that I purchased 2 - .45 auto's, an M&P and a Taraus. Good luck ;)

I HATE Berretta. I mentioned in another post, I had an Egyptian clone of the Model 51 (Helwan Brigadier ) Wonderful pistol but because of the open top slide it deposited the empties on my head EVERY TIME. Thats darned annoying and I will never buy another Berretta. (Well maybe a stampede  ;D )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk