Author Topic: 9mm Help  (Read 21167 times)

Ron J

Re: 9mm Help
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 06:40:09 AM »
If a guy was interest in buying a BHP. Which one would you stay away from. Such as the BHP made by a certain country and it turned out to be of poor quality.

I have not heard of any systemic problems with the FN Belgium/Portugal Brownings.  I have heard that the Argentinean DGFM’s clones can be a little rough.  I think I read one or two posts at the SIG Forum where I guy said he liked his Charles Daly HP. 

If you do get one that is a little rough, like any gun …in particular 1911’s … you can have one smoothed up, ramped/throated, new sights and in the case of the HP, the magazine safety removed and have a custom gun that you will never part with. 

wisconsin

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »
Thanks! your info makes me a little more comfortable in looking for one. Just don't like getting burnt.
I have not heard of any systemic problems with the FN Belgium/Portugal Brownings.  I have heard that the Argentinean DGFM’s clones can be a little rough.  I think I read one or two posts at the SIG Forum where I guy said he liked his Charles Daly HP. 

If you do get one that is a little rough, like any gun …in particular 1911’s … you can have one smoothed up, ramped/throated, new sights and in the case of the HP, the magazine safety removed and have a custom gun that you will never part with. 

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."   John Wayne

Ron J

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »
Thanks! your info makes me a little more comfortable in looking for one. Just don't like getting burnt.

Browning HP's are great guns.  Like any great gun or anything that is man made, they sometimes can have a problem.  Usually they are easy to fix and a lot of times they will come back from getting fixed they will exceed your expectations. 

Like I previously mentioned, my HP wouldn't feed ball ammo when I first got it.  Today it is one of a handful of weapons I would never part with.  It's actually a little magical.  I have BoMar sights on it and I don't think I have ever adjusted them because it's always throwing a tight group in the X with any ammo!  I have a SW M41 that would not breakdown but after I got it back, it's unbelievably accurate.  Same with my SW 629DX.  It went back twice for locking up (it's a pre-lock gun too!).  Today it will still throw five shot groups into a quarter at 25m.  Moral of the story is if there is a problem, they can be fixed AND be better than you ever hoped for. 

You will enjoy the Browning! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk