Poll

My community (within city limits)

Allows shooting in backyard
Allows shooting inside only
Treats air guns like other firearms, and allows at licensed ranges only

Author Topic: Poll on Air Guns  (Read 6119 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Poll on Air Guns
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:18:21 PM »
Our local community has passed some laws concerning air guns (including spring fired bb) and archery within city limits.

What does your local municipality allow?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poll on Air Guns
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
I have had the law called on me because some of my airguns are loud, They looked at my setup and asked me to keep it down for the neighbors sake. That is why for pest control I use Aquila super colibri, in my TC carbine, very quiet, but is illegal.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:51 PM »
In most of Ga.  Air guns are not treated the same as "fire"arms.   Hence, in my county, discharge of firearms except at "licensed" ranges and for self-defense is prohibited.    So I can practice with my Crossman MK I and my Weihrauch HW077.

But there's an extension to this that has entrapped a number of people.   Let's say you want to make a potato gun or a t-shirt launcher.  If it's powered by compressed air (or Co2) no problem, it's powered by igniting hair spray (or other "fire").......whoops you can go to jail.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »
Here in the Coral Springs area, you can get away with it no problem, MUST have a solid backstop, and not get carried away.

Otherwise, good to go...
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
Here in my lovely town you can't shoot them inside city limits.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:50:18 PM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 07:49:43 PM »
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 01:24:37 AM »
intrestingly enough, air powered is ok, spring powered( red rider) is not. 

I've never heard of any one ever getting cited shooting in thier back yard unless they were shooting at something they were not supose too.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
In Michigan if I remember correctly any handgun, anything over .177, shoots a pellet, or has a rifled tube is considered a firearm.
When I was younger a girl at the outdoor ice skating rink was busted for possesion for a crossman bb pistol that was cabable of  shooting a pellet.  Someone had found it on their walk to the rink and handed it to her when they were skating.  No one even had any ammo for it.

My community bans BB guns, sling shots, etc., and has a fireworks ordinace that is very strict basically allowing only sparklers.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »
Massachusetts.....once again.

Chapter 269: Section 12B. Air rifles; possession by minors; shooting

Section 12B. No minor under the age of eighteen shall have an air rifle or so-called BB gun in his possession while in any place to which the public has a right of access unless he is accompanied by an adult or unless he is the holder of a sporting or hunting license and has on his person a permit from the chief of police of the town in which he resides granting him the right of such possession. No person shall discharge a BB shot, pellet or other object from an air rifle or so-called BB gun into, from or across any street, alley, public way or railroad or railway right of way, and no minor under the age of eighteen shall discharge a BB shot, pellet or other object from an air rifle or BB gun unless he is accompanied by an adult or is the holder of a sporting or hunting license. Whoever violates this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars, and the air rifle or BB gun or other weapon shall be confiscated. Upon a conviction of a violation of this section the air rifle or BB gun or other weapon shall, by the written authority of the court, be forwarded to the colonel of the state police, who may dispose of said article in the same manner as prescribed in section ten.

Personal comment.....Violating this law MAY give cause to deny access to your FID or LTC as an adult.  It's up to the local Chief of PD.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
Massachusetts.....once again.

Chapter 269: Section 12B. Air rifles; possession by minors; shooting

Section 12B. No minor under the age of eighteen shall have an air rifle or so-called BB gun in his possession while in any place to which the public has a right of access unless he is accompanied by an adult or unless he is the holder of a sporting or hunting license and has on his person a permit from the chief of police of the town in which he resides granting him the right of such possession. No person shall discharge a BB shot, pellet or other object from an air rifle or so-called BB gun into, from or across any street, alley, public way or railroad or railway right of way, and no minor under the age of eighteen shall discharge a BB shot, pellet or other object from an air rifle or BB gun unless he is accompanied by an adult or is the holder of a sporting or hunting license. Whoever violates this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars, and the air rifle or BB gun or other weapon shall be confiscated. Upon a conviction of a violation of this section the air rifle or BB gun or other weapon shall, by the written authority of the court, be forwarded to the colonel of the state police, who may dispose of said article in the same manner as prescribed in section ten.

Personal comment.....Violating this law MAY give cause to deny access to your FID or LTC as an adult.  It's up to the local Chief of PD.

I hate to say it, but as far as Massachusetts goes, I'm going to always break the law.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk