Author Topic: AR possibilities  (Read 12256 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR possibilities
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2021, 09:31:24 PM »
latest iteration of a game gun... I've been shooting Steel Challenge matches for most of the last year... I don't have to run, just stand and shoot except for one standardized course... I built a 10/22 on a BRN22 receiver and PMACA chassis with an AR grip and adjustable stock... not pleased with the reliability, probably traceable to the rotary mags (that I thought were bulletproof)

currently shooting a 10 1/2" CMMG dedicated upper and conversion .22lr bolt for my registered SBR... it is working very well for me... quick handling, uses a good AR trigger, cheek weld SOCOM stock and Hogue hand grip... the conversion unit is very easy to remove for cleaning which provides good access to cleaning the chamber... the extractor is a first degree lever... polymer feel lip 25 round mags allow you to shoot with only one interruption to you shot string... topped with a Holosun 510 large format dot

for a pistol : a Ruger MKIV 22/45 lite... I paid extra for the light weight, but decided afterwards that I liked the way a slightly heavier nose would swing... my cousin built me a muzzle weight... added Striplin/Tandemkross thumb rests and grip, topped with a Holosun 510... after 35 years of shooting fixed sighted pistols, getting used to the dot for quick target acquisition is still a learning curve...I'm hoping the .22 ammo will get in the pipeline by the end of the year... I think I have enough squirreled away until then regards Les

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 02:47:01 PM »
Pictures please Les....pictures...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2021, 11:03:19 AM »
Rastus... thanks for the tutorial... I don't know how to compress my picture to the 500KB allowable

Timothy

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2021, 11:58:54 AM »
Rastus... thanks for the tutorial... I don't know how to compress my picture to the 500KB allowable

Email it to yourself and reduce the file size if it asks.  Then, try and repost.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »
Timothy... thank you ... I still have a flip phone  :)

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:22:17 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »
While not a "Photoshop" I've found IrFanView to be a very useful Windows utility for resizing and renaming pictures.  It can do some basics like cropping, but it's main feature is being able to do a batch of pictures at once. 
https://www.irfanview.com/

I too have two 22/45 Lites for Steel or Rimfire Challenge.  One with red dot and one with iron sights.  Doing the 10/22 thing for rifle though.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2021, 09:19:52 PM »
Here's an "AR possibility" .
With this 3D printer I am currently printing a functioning Luger, works on pen springs.
It won't shoot, but it's a Luger, and it won't cost $2K.
I've got guns that shoot already.
But I want ones that are cool .
My point is this, AR receiver plans, drill guides for 80%'s those are all over the place, but where are the rest of the parts ?
I want a M 203, but I only want to pay about $25 . ;D
The sky, and my print bed size, are the limit !   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2021, 12:10:17 PM »
Bot....
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2021, 12:21:55 PM »
Yup
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1444
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2021, 07:57:52 AM »
Can anyone tell me why people even bother to put bot's out there? Phishing? I don't understand what someone gains by unleashing bots.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk