Author Topic: hard cases....  (Read 3148 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: hard cases....
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2021, 11:11:38 AM »
I've never looked at one of those Bill.  If you are one of their club members, the price is only $120.  I may look one over today...but they do look heavy at 22 lbs and I saw a couple of comments knocking the wheels and latches.  I don't know what a similar Pelican case weighs, but there shouldn't be too much difference in weight?

They make a good case. I'm not sure if I already posted this, but I bought a CMMG AR-15 .22 Conversion kit. It came with 3 magazines in a cheap, crappy plastic blister pack. So I went to Harbor Freight and bought a small size Apache case for it. I only paid $30 bucks for it, and it worked out beautifully. Perfect size for the unit. The "pluckable" foam inserts are easy to work with.

tombogan03884

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
Re: hard cases....
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2021, 08:50:03 PM »
Pelican runs about $275, depending on size, but you can get their private label, (Cabelas, etc.) for about $70 less.

Kalispel makes a great aluminum, but right now the only model I can find available is the double rifle for $325-$350.  I have a single rifle that I often load up heavy, and it is darn near indestructible.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk