Author Topic: Down Range Radio #494: We’re Mighty Proud Of That Ragged Old Flag  (Read 10621 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Down Range Radio #494: We’re Mighty Proud Of That Ragged Old Flag
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »
All this is fun and exciting, but how do we make sure it gets to the right people?

Work through the NRA, SAF, NSSF, State gun rights groups, and put pressure on your politicians at all levels.

ATF has bad at all levels. It may be the street agents that were beating on a gun, but they weren't the ones who set policy so that a mechanical defect could get you arrested.

My thoughts on what is or isn't doable, Full auto will never be deregulated, same with destructive devices.
The general public is to easily convinced that a black powder 50 cal can shoot down planes for them to ever permit general sales of things that actually can. Considering the dumbass factor that might be OK.
Business sales without a license would have licensed dealers fighting us over the money and aggravation they've already gone through.
Things we could get are , National reciprocity is nearly guarunteed, possibly Constitutional carry ,"hearing protection act" (that has a downside though, they could go the next step, MUST  have a muffler, just like your car) Machine gun registry reopened, SBS/SBR deregulated, the import ban lifted, and the"sporting use" clause done away with.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »
That's why we're posting here so MB can get this into the right hands

Thanks Path.  That's what I was hoping.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 07:39:22 AM »
Another thought; how about repealing the ability to exempt local and state police from state gun laws. I know it sounds bad, but it would help prevent the draconian laws in California and Connecticut as well as others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »
Another thought; how about repealing the ability to exempt local and state police from state gun laws. I know it sounds bad, but it would help prevent the draconian laws in California and Connecticut as well as others.

I have said for years that having a class system for guns is wrong.  If leo had too follow the rules we do, gun control  woulddisappear.p
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
That's why Ca. cops can't have Barret rifles. Ronnie refused to sell or ship illegal arms. The ones they already owned if sent in for service would not be returned.

Sponsor

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »
and it was a political move by a gun manfactor I supported

the sti guys are pos.    they were already not selling in ca when they came out and said they were stopping sales in ca ( 8 days after barret)

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 07:11:25 AM »
So how do we get the 8 votes on the other side to make all this happen?

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »
I don't think we need any dems, the pundits have been talking about turning Harry Ried's "nuclear option" around on them.
But if there aren't enough blue dogs there is always threats such as redistricting, or blackmail and bribery with committee assignments.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk