Author Topic: windage/elevation 'stickers' ?  (Read 3582 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
windage/elevation 'stickers' ?
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:29:26 AM »
Anyone run across any small weatherproof 'stickers upon which one might make notes for 'scope alterations etc that are able to be stuck to a rifle or 'scope?
Best Wishes, Mike.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: windage/elevation 'stickers' ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:24:26 AM »
When sighting in a new load I make up an index card and use clear packing tape to put it on the stock as a cheat sheet.  I have even gone so far as to put the same on the range finder.  Having a grease pencil along will allow you to make notes on the tape even in the rain.

When I'm playing at the range I will put targets out a different distances, dial in on each and note the plus or minus from left to right.  Always do your changes from zero!  I forgot one time, and if you do them from target to target and don't shoot in that order you are screwed!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:33:24 AM »
Thank you Mr.m58, excellent advice as always......what's "toe of approval"..... :-[
Best Wishes, Mike.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:56:02 AM »
Thank you Mr.m58, excellent advice as always......what's "toe of approval"..... :-[

We have a couple of professional gun photographers hanging out here, and occasionally hung over here, that have a unique feature in their photographs.  Hint:  Best subject platform is the floor, shoes optional, and pedicure mandatory  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:18:01 AM »
If you may be using different loads in the same rifle you can tape on one of those sleeves that protect shipping tags, that way you can make up 3x5 cards with data for each load and switch as needed.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:14:58 PM »

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
I have been using the shipping tape to the stock or scope for a long time, as usual, simple works best and is economical to boot usually.
If you or your family happens to have laminating tools, that will get you a few degrees nice, especially if you use the tagging method Tom mentioned. Another that is cool, but a little expensive is the Leupold retractable ballistic chart, mounts on your scope like a scope ring, has a retractable steel tape like a tape measure that is  6" to 8" long and you put your data there, about 35 bucks at Midway, item #168466 for 1" scopes.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »
 :D "toe of approval" - all 10 approved until I used Picasa's trimming process - the "Blush :Pink" wasn't workin' for me anyway :-X

Thanks to all for the input,

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »
Bic, we have all posted "toes of approval" for our new acquisitions,....now the legacy of tradition has been bequeathed to you.

Build it, shoot it, tweak it, enjoy it, and post the obligatory pics when ready,....Pick your best toe,.... ::)

We all do,...

;D
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk