Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186417 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1090 on: April 20, 2023, 12:32:51 PM »
Not too hungry at lunch so I just had a chunk o' homemade sour cream pound-cake.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #1091 on: April 21, 2023, 06:10:48 AM »
Not too hungry at lunch so I just had a chunk o' homemade sour cream pound-cake.  8)

You lucky so and so. Nobody makes me homemade cake and I'm too lazy to do it myself.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1092 on: April 21, 2023, 06:39:03 AM »
I had farfalle (butterfly) pasta with vodka sauce. It has Italian sausage and peas in it. I thought it was bow-tie pasta but farfalle translates as butterfly. I can see that. In real life, bow-ties should have straight ends. There are still around 2,000 kinds of pasta I don't know the names of, or what the names mean in English. Some are fun and interesting to find out, especially if you try something new.

Orecchiette means small ear, amd it took me several tries to get the spelling right, or close enough to right for my browser to guess what I meant! ;D ;D ;D Different shapes of pasta are sometimes meant to hold different types of sauces, different ways. Certain types of sauce may stick to rotini a lot more than to penne for example. Time to eat more butterflies with vodka sauce. And it really does have vodka in it. It's not just a name.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1093 on: April 23, 2023, 01:37:31 AM »
Chicken Parmesan and penne pasta with pomodoro sauce. Penne means quill and it's shaped like the nib of a pen. That's one of the easiest pasta names/shapes to remember. Pomodoro means tomato in Italian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasta_al_pomodoro

Before that I had shrimp and sausage gumbo made with andouille sausage. By Boston Chowda Co. Not enough "gum" in the gumbo, but still pretty good.

I'm drinking Kahlua Especial (the stronger kind) with Coke, and some rum too. I tried it with and without rum added. Either way, it doesn't just taste like coffee, it tastes chocolatey too. I don't know why that is, but like I said before, when I made a chocolate cake with coffee it didn't taste like covfefe ???, it tasted more chocolatey. There's something special about the tastes of coffee and chocolate. Coffee flavored brandy filled chocolates are really good too.

With its coffee flavors intensified, there’s a reason why Kahlúa Especial is, well… special.

This dark espresso-style product is made from the purest specialty Arabica coffee beans. Enjoy it on the rocks, or in a levelled-up Espresso Martini.

Fancy? A little. But most definitely worth it.

Boasting a stronger and bolder flavor, Kahlúa Especial is an opaque and luxurious, inky brown rum & coffee liqueur, tasting strongly of espresso and deep-roasted coffee.

https://www.kahlua.com/en-us/products/kahlua-especial/

I need to buy a good quality vanilla ice cream to top with some Kahlua Especial. I bet it tastes better than Hershey's chocolate syrup on ice cream.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1094 on: April 30, 2023, 03:18:23 PM »
Homemade cheesecake....an old recipe of mine.

An older pic, but looks the same when cooked right.........   8)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #1095 on: Today at 07:50:53 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1095 on: May 02, 2023, 07:54:34 PM »
I love cheesecake so much that my wedding cake was a cheesecake. It was made by Mercedes Kinney, author of If Cheesecakes Could Talk. She runs Mercedes Kitchen, Cooking up Success, a 501(c) 3 non-profit where she teaches Culinary Art Classes to those who show the ability to learn it. Classes are free to selected students who apply. She had a store called Mercedes Cheesecake just a few miles down the road from me a long time ago. After it closed I didn't know where she went, then one day I was walking past the cafeteria in the basement of The City of Flint Municipal Center, and she was selling cheesecakes in there.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1096 on: May 02, 2023, 08:16:48 PM »
I just ate a big bowl of Rockport Lobster Bisque from Boston Chowda Co. It tasted way better than the Panera Bread brand Lobster Bisque I had a week or so ago. It was made with clam broth form concentrate and I wouldn't have bought it if I knew that. I have 3 more bowls of that crap to pawn off on my friends. The Boston Chowda brand is made with lobster stock like it should be. The main ingredients after half & half are water and lobster in the stock. Plus there's more lobster in it. Better ingredients make for better flavor.

The Charleston She-Crab Soup was okay, but had a piece of leg shell in it. I know it was she-crab because it had crab roe in it. I'm glad it wasn't he-crab soup. I'm just not into eating milt of any species of animal. I don't care if it is considered a delicacy.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1097 on: May 04, 2023, 08:44:00 PM »
The wife did a wedding cake the past weekend for the daughter of a close friend. The groom requested cheesecake for his cake so she made three....the two that were requested (it was a small family wedding) and a third as a reserve. The first two went fairly fast, as expected, with folks going for seconds on both the main cake and the cheesecakes. The groom liked it so well that he decided to keep the third cheesecake for the honeymoon trip.

Here's a pic of the main cake.
Called a 'naked cake' because you scrape half the frosting off so the cake shows through....the current trend in wedding cakes.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1098 on: May 04, 2023, 09:41:29 PM »
I never saw a naked cake before. They look better dressed IMO, but looks aren't everything. I would eat a piece the size of my head.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1099 on: May 05, 2023, 04:29:58 PM »
I never saw a naked cake before. They look better dressed IMO, but looks aren't everything. I would eat a piece the size of my head.

I like the "dressed" ones better too...more icing the better....but they're all good. My wife always gets comments like, "It looks great but tastes better than you expect wedding cake to taste."

Here is a dressed version. 8)  ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk