Author Topic: Straight Up, Non Corrosive??? Yes Or No???  (Read 9292 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Straight Up, Non Corrosive??? Yes Or No???
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/500-rds-123-gr-762x39-fmj-ammo.aspx?a=556739&pn=1

I guess it's the Arabic lettering that throws me, but would you trust this stuff??? I like the brass case, but the trusting of it as "Non Corrosive" has me wondering. I don't want to bet a good AK on it.  You????   Bill T.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Re: Straight Up, Non Corrosive??? Yes Or No???
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »
It's new enough I would trust it. WWII surplus is another story.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:20 PM »
 Take one round , pull the bullet and dump out the powder, chamber the primed case and fire it at a peice of NON STAINLESS steel (need to have the muzzle with in inches of the steel ) leave it over night, If the primers are corrosive there will be rust spots on the steel.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 02:24:39 AM »
where was it made?  90s production does not mean its not corrosive.  they still make corrosive ammo in some parts of the world.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Walkeraviator

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:56:42 AM »
isnt Good AK an oxymoron?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:53:54 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
Take one round , pull the bullet and dump out the powder, chamber the primed case and fire it at a peice of NON STAINLESS steel (need to have the muzzle with in inches of the steel ) leave it over night, If the primers are corrosive there will be rust spots on the steel.
"Acting" as Tom's lawer (and wouldn't THAT be a full time job ;D), wear shop goggles if you do this.
FQ13 who is a left handed shooter with enough powder residue burs to know that its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
"Acting" as Tom's lawer (and wouldn't THAT be a full time job ;D), wear shop goggles if you do this.
FQ13 who is a left handed shooter with enough powder residue burs to know that its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Acting as FQ's "voice of reality" it's still fun and games to the ones who DIDN'T lose an eye as they get to call him "Blinky".
Yes, the safety glasses were mentioned when I heard this, but I took it for granted and forgot to mention it.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »
I don't have to worry about the trust issue.

I'll just be a prejudiced son of a gun and refuse to purchase anything with Arabic writing. It might come from Kuwait, but then again it could just as easily be Iranian.

They can keep that s%$t!!!
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »
I don't have to worry about the trust issue.

I'll just be a predjudiced son of a gun and refuse to purchase anything with arabic writing. It might come from Kuwait, but then again it could just as easily be Iranian.

They can keep that s%$t!!!

on the other hand it's one less box of ammo they get to use  ;D

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »

I'll just be a predjudiced son of a gun and refuse to purchase anything with arabic writing. It might come from Kuwait, but then again it could just as easily be Iranian.

يموت كلب أمريكا

يموت كلب أمريكا

You can't tell the difference?

;D
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk