Author Topic: Ammo Can  (Read 947 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Ammo Can
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2024, 10:20:35 AM »

Cost co has these for $20. 4 small cans in a tray.  They have gaskets and claim to be water proof.   I have about 10 sets of them

Was there last night they had 2 pallets of then.  So I bought a couple more.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2024, 07:16:03 PM »
If I quit working on my guns and buying new parts for them, maybe I could afford to buy more cans of ammo too. I got 250 Rounds of AAC .45 ACP 230gr FMJ packaged in a .30 Cal Plano Ammo Can from PSA. I didn't take it out and count it yet, but I will. My Pocket Samurai knife is setting right here, and it's good for cutting open plastic bags like the one in the ammo can. It's good for cutting rail covers and everything else I've used it on so far.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2024, 10:57:51 PM »
I pulled the heavy-duty plastic bag of .45 ammo out of the ammo can and there were a few loose rounds in the bottom of the can. The bag was splitting at the seam and more ammo was squeezing out, so I flipped it over and pulled the seam open from one side all the way to  the other. I have regular cardboard boxes of ammo with plastic trays that make it easy to count out 50 rounds. So I took 4 boxes of Blazer "Flying Ashtray" 200gr. JHPs out of my footlocker, took the ammo out of the trays and put it back in the boxes. I put a piece of Scotch tape on each end of each box and put them back. I was still a box short, but had a box of Aguila ball ammo in a milk crate and took the tray out of it. I cut it in half with a Stanley knife so I can fit all  5 boxes, 4 high, in the ammo can. I put the ammo back in the box, taped the ends, and put it back in the milk crate. It will be there the next time I go camping and set up my tent. I use 2 milk crates stacked up with a piece of plywood on top for a nightstand in my tent. All 5 boxes of ammo were bought in 2006. There were 3 little squares of cardboard in the bag of ammo, and 3 free bonus rounds.

After they quit loading Speer ammo like Lawman with the Flying Ashtray, they still loaded it in Blazer aluminum-case ammo, for several years I think, before they quit selling them altogether. I always told people this bullet had a 1/4" hole surrounded by 1/10" of lead. But I just held a fired .30-30 Winchester case up to the end of one. And the edge of the jacket is roughly the same size as the outside of the .30-30 case. Wikipedia says that's a neck diameter of .330". So, it's a gaping hole in about a .33 caliber nose of a .45 bullet. No matter how you measure it, that's one big hollow point. At the edge of the jacket, it's almost as big as a 9mm bullet. About 8mm. :o
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk