Author Topic: Time to buy a Chronograph  (Read 7962 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time to buy a Chronograph
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 05:30:10 PM »
I have the F1 rigged up inside an old storage building behind our house.  I consider it an entry level chrony.  I have to use incandescent bulbs as fluorescent bulbs flicker enough to mess it up.  If I had it to do over again, I'd get something with remote reading capability as putting the gun down, walking to read the thing after each shot is kind of a pain.  The F1's sweet spot is kind of small as well.  I nicked one of the uprights once.  After that, I put a couple blocks of wood in front of the eyes as I could see a wayward shot wrecking the thing if I got stupid with a shot.  I haven't hit the wood with over a 400 rounds, YET. I get an error message about one in 6 shots, most likely from muzzle blast.  For the $80.00 I paid for it, I guess you get what you pay for.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Time to buy a Chronograph
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »
I purchased the Competition Electronics Pro Digital Model. I chose it over the Shooting Chrony because it has a much larger shooting area over the sky screens. It is very light, and quick to set up. It holds something like 99 strings of fire in it's memory, and has a nice big easy to read LCD screen. It runs on a single 9 volt battery that will leak before you wear it out. It was right around $100.00. They do go on sale from time to time. I set it up on a camera tripod.

https://www.competitionelectronics.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=20&category_id=7&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=79

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk