Author Topic: Help ID an old S&W  (Read 4485 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help ID an old S&W
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »
Here are some pics.

Open the cylinder and it is marked C-13 on the frame.  Model 13 is a .357 so what is this?

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: Help ID an old S&W
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »
If I read right it says .38 spl ?  If so that rules out being an "I" frame I think.  Could it be an old "K" frame?

How does it compare in size to a "J" frame?  Proportionally it looks bigger than a "J" frame.  I have seen a "K" frame, but it has been so long ago I can't remember the size; and I don't remember seeing an "I" frame, but I think they were .32.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 08:00:30 PM »
Yep, 38 spl.  Size? soory not sure.  I am working from the picture as well.  Belongs to a friend)  I can tell you it was issued to police.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:42:06 PM »
Right side of this link, third pic down.

http://www.thegunzone.com/police_revolvers.html

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:57:28 PM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 08:46:01 PM »
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »
Cool!  THANKS!!

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »
If you can be more specific with the location of the C-13 marking and a truncated serial number, CP has offered to provide more info. S&W is something he knows.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 09:00:13 AM »
They didn't call the Smith & Wesson Model 10 the Military & Police model for nothing. Thousands of police officers used them, and army aircrewmen still carried them in 1985 when I left the service. I wasn't sure if that was a M10 in the picture because I haven't seen many. I only recall working on one in 5 years. My training on it consisted of looking at the action with the side plate removed and pulling the trigger a couple of times, then passing it to the next guy in the class.  :)  The rest of the weapons I trained on took 8 weeks to learn. This is one I'm not an expert on.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk