Author Topic: Pocket Pistols  (Read 11973 times)

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pocket Pistols
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 07:04:49 PM »
The 1903 Colt in .32 acp is most likely too long and too pricey but it sure is a good looking classic.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2018, 09:43:56 AM »
After 2 weeks I still haven't been able to handle a Beretta Pico.

SO WHAT TO DO?

Well as a OCDA, Obsessive Compulsive Data Analyzer, I made a spread sheet.   Of Course

Turns out the Diamondback and the LCP are actually the smallest and lightest. 

Looks like I'll be going with the LCP.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2018, 11:12:25 AM »
I don't know which LCR you measured, but mine is an LC9S and is maybe...6.05".  If you'd like to carry 9MM instead of 9MM short in the LCP.  It is bulkier and heavier to carry the 9 though.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
I don't know which LCR you measured, but mine is an LC9S and is maybe...6.05".  If you'd like to carry 9MM instead of 9MM short in the LCP.  It is bulkier and heavier to carry the 9 though.

Your revolver is a semi-auto pistol?

Alf, I was just going to point out the the LCP is about 2 ounces less than the Pico.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2018, 03:18:00 PM »

LCP (typo I'm sure).   I've got a pretty good 9mm, S&W Shield.  I'd love to fondle the Bond Bullpup.  Innovative, but none of the local stores has one.  Some don't even know they exist.  Of course, yesterday neither of the two clerks behind the pistol counter at Cabela's had heard of the Beretta Pico, much less the Bond.

Looking to go smaller and lighter as a backup and a deep cover gun.  Got to be around 5" long.  Under 13oz.

Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 08:00:32 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2018, 07:14:12 PM »
It no longer surprises me when people working behind the gun counter don't seem to know a lot about guns. Years ago at Gander Mountain, both of the gun counter guys thought Springfield Armory, Inc. in Geneseo, Illinois was the same as the former U.S. government arsenal, Springfield Armory in Springfield, Massachusetts. Even when they were looking in a gun book they couldn't work out that Springfield Armory, Inc. was only using the Springfield Armory name.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2018, 08:28:09 PM »
Alf... they are not cheap, but if you need to prevent printing the Recluse line works for me... I carry a G42/43 in their two sided cargo pocket model... note that the spine is cut to allow you to grip the pistol while in your pocket

https://recluseholster.com/ruger/page-2?osCsid=ed583fc37f7eba6f920cb4c01cd606a1

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
...if you need to prevent printing the Recluse line works for me....

That, of course, is the next challenge.  I've got 2 Uncle Mike pocket holsters and the one that came with the LCP.  None quite what I want.   I like the Recluse that primarily protects one side.   But, heck, I can barely get the gun in my pocket much less my hand at the same time.

Might make my own.  Thinking a square piece of leather on one side and expandable fabric on the other.  Thin is the op word.   No needing or wanting "sticky". 
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2018, 01:13:26 PM »
To round out the story.  Got the LCP II today.  Minor size differences between the I and II, but decided the internal features would be good.  Didn't really care about hold-open.

I know LCP's have been reviewed to death, so just skip the rest of this post if you're sick of them.  I'll make it brief.

1) Flat base plate on mag is slight shorter than plug behind magazine.  Some sanding to do. Can't remove plug as it protects a spring in the back of the grip.

2) Magazine loads very easy, even the 6th one.

3) Gun runs well with 6+1.  Some guns are not reliable with full magazine and one in the tube.

4) Runs well rapid fire. 

5) A drift pin near the top rear of the frame was sticking out ever so slightly on the left side.  Rubbed a hole in the base of my right thumb.  Will take it out and round it.

6) Straight from the counter to the range 63 rounds, no problems.  (No I didn't remove the manufacturers grease.  Just check to make sure the barrel wasn't plugged with something and blasted away.)

7) Points and shoots well one handed on up close targets.

8 ) Not near as unpleasant to shoot as I thought it might be.

Here is a picture of it laying on top of my Shield.
The drift pin can be seen on the left just below the slide, where the stipling comes to a point.
Also notice the grip plug which I think can be rounded down a little.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
What a great Disassembly video.  I want to rip it and have it on my tablet on my work bench.
This 3 minute animation tells you more than some of the 8 minute long field stripping ones.

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk