Author Topic: Train with Gabe Suarez  (Read 6447 times)

38stupid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Train with Gabe Suarez
« on: December 10, 2015, 01:45:08 PM »
Seriously considering taking a class with Gabe Suarez this coming year.  I have heard he is a great trainer.
Any thoughts out there?

38stupid

tombogan03884

Re: Train with Gabe Suarez
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 02:28:35 PM »
My first thought is that you suck. But that's because I'm jealous .
MB has taken courses with Gabel and was impressed.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 02:35:21 PM »
I believe Alf had a class with Gabe that they filmed for SG.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 888
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »
The title should get Alf's attention, but drop him a PM with any questions to make sure.  As I recall he was very pleased and positive with the training.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 07:10:43 PM »
I do it in a heartbeat.   Gabe has tested his techniques using force on force.  A great guy. Well rounded and a lot smarter than I.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:34:18 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:55:44 AM »
I do it in a heartbeat.   Gabe has tested his techniques using force on force.  A great guy. Well rounded and a lot smarter than I.

Is this really an endorsement that says much  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 12:56:12 PM »
Is this really an endorsement that says much  ;D

Don't make him mad ! We don't want him taking his RIA dreambook posts and going home.   ;D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 12:36:11 AM »
You know, I took a bunch of crap for even mentioning Gabe in my blog...so much crap that I took one of his courses to see for myself.

What I discovered was a world class instructor, untethered to dogma, with a willingness and commitment to constant improvement and questioning orthodoxy.

You all know I'm 100% GUNSITE -- Col. Cooper, Buz Mills, Dave Starin, Chris Weare, Ed Head, Il Ling New, Giles and Ed Stock, Bill Murphy, Cory Trap, Jane Anne Hulin, and now Ken Campbell are not just friends, but people who have changed my life. I would say the GUNSITE 250/350 pistol class is mandatory.

But a good friend of mine, a world class trainer and competitor in his own right, asked me an interesting question last week...he wanted to shake up his training, challenge himself...if he only had time for one new class (and he's been to GUNSITE as many times as I have and holds them in as much respect as I do), which instructors would be on that list?

For the record, I said:

1) Gabe Suarez
2) Mike Seeklander
3) Bruce Gray

All three are completely different, but have approached firearms training from an asymmetrical position. They are eclectic, non-doctrinaire and fully aware that the world is changing around us, moving to I believe a much darker place that requires a different mindset. I have learned an incredible amount from those 3 guys!

We --  and I include "me" in there -- must get beyond our preconceived notions of technique (I refer you to Bruce Lee for that discussion). BTW, the instructor who asked me, in return I asked him if when my leg was reassembled I could spend a couple of days on the range with him, for the same reason.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 02:22:27 AM »
Thank you MB!  I appreciate honest reviews of content without the standard rants.  I am amazed at how bad many of us have gotten over those who don't follow the exact and pre-canned techniques and procedures.  (I won't go into my pet peeves here, but I'm sure you can guess a few)

Thanks again!

Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk