Author Topic: Concealed Carry Clothes  (Read 20315 times)

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Concealed Carry Clothes
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »
I just got an MTAC and am a little disappointed.  With the leather on one side of the holster, it allows the holster to partially collapse if empty, making it hard to reholster.  On the other hand, it's comfortable to wear, but the long plastic cant adjustment pieces gouge me.  I think I can fix this.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 05:57:11 PM »
Get a good belt (read: not Galco). Order yourself a milt sparks belt, you will not regret it.

+10

Definitely.  I have two Milt Sparks belts, a 1 1/4" cowhide dress belt and a 1 1/2" sharkskin belt and they are superb for carrying any size pistol or revolver.  They also look like new after constant wear for two years.  My friend has a couple of the Beltman belts which appear to be just as good and available much quicker.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

bucktracker

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »
I purchased a "cell pal" holster from the tampa gun show two years ago. It is the ultimate in total concealment.
Concealment concepts makes it. It is a leather cross draw holster that sits in your pants behind your front left pocket. It clips to your pants or belt. A cell phone holder is on the outside. you simply pull up on the cell phone  with your left hand and grab the gun with your right. It takes a little practice, but is pretty fast to do. you can do it sitting down as well. It is very comfortable. The cell phone acts as a decoy, and it simply looks like you have something in your pocket, if anything at all. It is a universal fit and wont fall out. Its great for motorcycle carry. you could wear a pair of shorts with no shirt and still be armed!
Check it out www.concealmentconcepts.com          sales@concealmentconcepts.com
View the video demonstration under "insrtuctions"
You will not be disapointed with this thing! ;D
"Live free or Die"

1776 Rebel

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »
FQ, that Panda joke is very funny....enjoyed it !!!

whiskeymike

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 08:31:03 AM »
I got a kydex pocket holster from Alan Miller in Tennessee (http://www.lefthandholster.com/).
It's very thin and allows me to carry a G26 in the front pocket of Cabella's cargo pants or shorts.

I tend to do this on weekends when I'm out and about a lot with other people;never been made.

Otherwise, I also use J-frames in DeSantis pocket holsters.
WhiskeyMike
NRA Life Member

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:30:28 AM »

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 07:16:54 PM »
When in Florida, I carried my Walther PPK/S in a Don Hume front pocket holster, while wearing light shorts and golf shirts. It could possibly even have been carried in some famous theme parks. I was never made and I'm a big guy.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »
  I carry my 1911 or Model 13 under an untucked T shirt and no one gives me second look, including Cops. And I'm only 160 Pounds.

deputy125

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:54 PM »
Well, i suspose just about any gun can be carried concealed if one wants to put the effort and expense into it-----even a desert eagle.

My biggest problem i guess is that i don't worry about the fashion police so to speak nowadays. Over the years, suffering under the left-handed curse, i have gone thru numerous holsters as i suffered a very serious gun trading adiction in my early years.

It sure can get expensive after a while, be it changes in wardrobe, belts, holsters, guns...........and it tends to create a pile of holsters left unused in the closet and a row of clothing that just does not work for carry. So, for better or worse, i've noticed a glaring trend over the years in myself. And that trend is pocket carry with 38's. Seems that it does not matter if i dressed for church or dressed for fishing, i got a pocket and don't have to worry about shirt tails and flashing all the time. The 38's have become an extension of myself and standard practice. If they are not in the pocket, then i kind of feel that a part of me is missing.

An airweight 38.....for me is ideal. I accept its advantages and limitations. It's not for everybody. If you are willing to dedicate yourself to one paticular carry gun, get the appropriate leather and dress accordingly, then your problems in all likelyhood would disappear. The biggest problem for a lot of folks is getting accustomed to carrying the weapon concealed. Starting out, it will feel like you have a brick bulging from the holster and you feel like you are telegraphing to anyone and everyone that you are packing by the bulge and the "print". You further telegraph by constantly adjusting, checking, and tugging at the weapon. You are going to have to.......for lack of a better term...force yourself to accept the carry weapon untill it becomes part of you and you feel natural with it. If, over time, you just can't adjust to it, then there is a problem with the gun/holster/wardrobe selection. But by all means, give it a chance and some time before you jump on the trade bandwagon. Heck, wear the rig around the house, mowing the grass, just whatever to get accustomed to it.

I took a shortcut with pocket carry. which means i'm either smart, stupid, or somewhere in between. I'd rather think of it as being poor, practical, and doing the best with what i got......guns, holsters, clothing.....and needs.

Either way, best of luck to you and your choices whatever they may be. A lot of us have been there/done that. What works for one may not work for another. The important thing is----do it. I know things are tight right now and a different gun may be out of the question. Just look at your clothing on hand and make a deciision if it would work. Cloths are expensive as well. A fanny pack is an attractive short cut and a lot cheaper than an entire wardrobe change. After-all, concealed is concealed....and practical for the use and the budget. Over time, changes can be made but it will get you started with the beretta couger---and a lot of other guns as a generic concealed carry system.

By the way, you will still feel like telegraphing and might be uncomfortable with the fanny pack.......give it time, it will work.
Order without Liberity, and Liberty without Order are equally destructive------Ben Franklin

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »
Well, the deputy pretty much just said it all. Pocket carry with the right pants is hassle free and very fast on target. You can have a full firing grip on the gun and look quite harmless in the process, or not. I was a big fan of the Cabelas nailhead hikers until they discontinued them - they had the right pockets. Now I'm wearing the Eotac 205 denims, good pockets in the right places. If I feel my day is going to be more problematical, the full size gubmint model rides in a Crossbreed Supertuck. You can tuck a shirt over it or wear a cover garment. Either way it's very comfortable, even while driving. But on the whole, the deputy has nailed it.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »
Smart carry doesn't work well for us fat guys.

Yeah, after looking at their website pictures, it appears that if I were wearing one while sitting down I'd look  like I was VERY excited to see you!!  ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk