Author Topic: Somebody Explain Electrical Flow To Me ??  (Read 4091 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Somebody Explain Electrical Flow To Me ??
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 11:57:33 PM »
http://www.jaguarspecialties.com/v8_kit.asp

I think this joint is up near the Bay Area. (408 Area Code).

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1444
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 08:12:46 AM »
Does the following image help at all?
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 08:45:50 AM »
Germans and Brits build cars that are on the bleeding edge of auto technology.
Japan, and South Korea build cars that start and run reliably.
That's why European cars companies all suck.
Oh yeah, Japan at least does their building here.

Timothy

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 08:56:09 AM »
Does the following image help at all?

That’s Ohm’s Law for DC circuit resistance, volts and current!

Yea, cars use DC but alternators make AC!  Such a quandary!  😂

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »
http://www.jaguarspecialties.com/v8_kit.asp

I think this joint is up near the Bay Area. (408 Area Code).
notice they stop at 2002 model years.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:54:43 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 02:32:24 PM »
If you want to solve the whole "European cars are high tech and finicky" vs. Japanese "reliability" issues, there's this:

https://tipo184.com/

And to think I got rid of my Mazda . . .
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 08:44:01 AM »
If you want to solve the whole "European cars are high tech and finicky" vs. Japanese "reliability" issues, there's this:

https://tipo184.com/

And to think I got rid of my Mazda . . .

Not a bad idea.    ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:51 AM »
All I know about electricity is it's invisible and if you let the smoke out it stops working.(Triumph motorcycle owner)

You're right. That's magic smoke. It needs to be kept bottled up like a genie, or it loses its magic and quits working.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2021, 02:19:57 AM »
  it's a lot more than that, basically you need a done car that is of the same model year or newer.  Pull everything ( including the entire wiring harness ) and put it into the jag.   Then there is a refree station it needs to go too.  It needs to pass the inspection and have the factory  programing.  It is possible, but very hard to do and $$$.  He mentioned the 350, the 350 has not been made since 2002.  So the newest car you could implant one in is a 2002.  There are also other things like increasing displacement and etc, but that should be no issues for a jag as they  tend to have large motors.

You can still buy brand new 350 Chevy small blocks and lots of other crate engines from your nearest Chevrolet performance dealer. They even have $250 mail-in rebates on them that are good all year. My local Chevy dealer doesn't sell engines so I would have to drive almost 50 miles away if I wanted one. You want a big block 454 HO with 438 HP and 500 LB-FT of torque? No problem, they have those. Or a 502 with 508 HP and 580 LB-FT of torque? They have those too. That ought to give a pickup truck enough low-end grunt, but I'd hate to pay for the gas. My 4.8L (293c.i.) V8 has all the power I ever needed and isn't too bad on gas for being over 20 years old.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts/crate-engines
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2021, 01:03:34 PM »
You're right. That's magic smoke. It needs to be kept bottled up like a genie, or it loses its magic and quits working.

8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk