Author Topic: Glow Rhino The Fermi knife  (Read 213 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Glow Rhino The Fermi knife
« on: May 04, 2024, 07:59:30 AM »
I have an O.D. Green Glow Rhino The Fermi knife coming in the mail today. (Knife manufactured by Bestech.) This is my first tritium powered knife. I shouldn't lose it in the dark for the next 12.32 years, minus up to 6 months, allowing for the age of the tritium.

Named after Enrico Fermi, "The Architect of the Nuclear Age," the Fermi is powering its way into the world.

Robust yet lightweight, feature-rich yet affordable - The Fermi is the game changing tritium knife that will make you a believer in the glow.

The Fermi is offered in all black G10 scales with a black PVD drop-point blade.

Customize that stealthy black on black "day look" with 1 of 5 thumbstud accent colors. Find your knife at night with three glowing tritium locales.

All knives used to look the same in the dark...until now.

Get your Fermi today!

Features:

2 XL Tritium Inserts (scales)
    1 Tritium Thumbstud (with ring color options)
    Blade Steel: D2
    Drop Point Blade
    Handles: G10
    Liner Lock
    Black PVD Finish
    Deep Carry Pocket Clip

Dimensions:

Blade Length: 3.0"
    Overall: 7.0"
    Height: 1.0"
    Weight: 3.05 oz

Blaze Orange, Olive Drab Green, and Desert Tan knives only come with a Black Thumbstud.

https://glowrhino.com/

https://www.bestechknives.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Glow Rhino The Fermi knife
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 02:36:19 PM »
After waiting and waiting, the post office finally said, nah, maybe we'll get it to you Monday. I hate when they do that. They sent an email today saying it would be here today. And when I checked my Informed Delivery online several times, it said it would be here today. Now they're just saying that it arrived in Detroit yesterday, it's Moving Through Network, and the expected delivery is on the 6th.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Glow Rhino The Fermi knife
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 01:39:44 PM »
Monday I got my new knife, DFA stock, and a package from Wing Tactical that I wasn't expecting to get until today or even tomorrow. The knife is a liner lock, and when I have it pointed up on an angle and press the lock, the blade plops down 90 degrees until it hits my thumbnail. I don't know what kind of bearings are in it, but I have knives with ball bearings that have a lot more friction than this. And when the blade is open there's NO movement, up and down, or side to side. :o 8)  it's tighter than a nun's... knickers. ;)  I'll be carrying this one when I go camping this spring-fall, because that's the only time I'm in the dark, or semi-dark very much. When I'm in my tent, if I wake up and need to cut something in the dark, I'll be able to find my knife. :) Considering what tritium costs, this is a great deal at $99.99, and even better with a 25% military discount! I ordered it Friday morning and got it Monday afternoon.

Built in Detroit with Swiss tritium. Tritium is most often produced in nuclear reactors by neutron activation of lithium-6. Nuclear power in Switzerland is generated by three nuclear power plants, with a total of four operational reactors, contributing approximately 40% of Switzerland's electrical energy. I just found out the tritium lamps on my knife glow very brightly in broad daylight when I shine a UV light on it. White light doesn't do anything, and neither does a green laser, but hitting it with UV is just like turning on a fluorescent light. I had no idea that would happen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk