Author Topic: M&P 9 Trijicon night Sights  (Read 3890 times)

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
M&P 9 Trijicon night Sights
« on: May 06, 2009, 01:26:33 PM »
Just got in some new Trijicon night sights and I have a question. Is that something that a person could attempt to install om my own, or should I send the gun away to a gunsmith? I'm not helpless, but I don't want to ruin the sights or slide trying to save a few bucks.  ::)
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
Re: M&P 9 Trijicon night Sights
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »
I'm waiting on mine to come in for my M&P 40 and have the same question thanks for putting that out there.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
I believe you need to take it to a smith, there's a special wrench for sights.  If you've got one you can do it, but if you don't you've got to take it to a smith or buy the wrench.  I'm sure that some one out there has a work around, but I wouldn't risk installing them wrong or messing up my slide.  And I think a sight wrench runs at least $150.  Let us know what you end up going with.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »
Just looked at my M+P .40, Mine came with factory  Novak fixed sights, but the set screw (rear), looks like a "weird" type of Allan screw on the rear. Metric and standard Allan's won't fit mine.

It may just be the "magic" tool, I have called S&W and not been disappointed with "tech support" , but not for sights,. just an option before trying it yourself or "smithing it"

I enjoy my factory sights, but if you find out anything regarding Trijicon installs, please give me a heads up for the M+P.

Thanks,

Tom W.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

kmbrman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »
cooptire ,The reason to get a smith to put the sights on is because of the tritium vials in the sight that causes the glow.  If you use a drift punch and hammer ,the vials can be broken and then they are dead. A smith will use a vice like sight mover that carefully pushes the sights either out ;D or into the dovetail, without damage.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:02:28 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk