Author Topic: I got a pair of Dark Sun Clip Grips for my NAA Mini.  (Read 3007 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
I got a pair of Dark Sun Clip Grips for my NAA Mini.
« on: April 28, 2023, 03:49:35 PM »
I got a pair of Dark Sun Clip Grips made of black G-10 for my NAA Mini .22 Magnum Convertible revolver. These normally come with a stainless steel clip and silver color screws to match. They sell them with a black clip and screws for $5 more. And they have Duracoated colored grips and clips, as well as wood grips, Micarta, barbecue guns, ladies guns, etc. But I just had to be different. I think it's too obvious it's a gun and not a knife in your pocket, so I got the Van Meter Deep Concealment Clip Grip. It comes with a black clip and screws, but I got a silver clip and screws too, so I can switch it to match more of my knives. The gun sits a lot lower in the pocket with the clip in this location. It has screw holes drilled in the standard location too if I change my mind about this one. I won't be winning any fast draw competitions, that's for sure. Not even mid-speed draws. If you buy a left-handed standard grip it will have screw holes in the right grip too. You get screw holes! And you get screw holes! Everybody gets screw holes! I'll take some pics this weekend and post them soon after. Some with the boot grips that are currently on the gun too.

https://darksunclipgrip.com/the-online-store/ols/categories/dark-sun-clip-grips

This video explains why the grips are the size and shape they are. It makes sense to me. They have a bunch of other videos on YouTube. I need to see what they're about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOM2xbF8aQ
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: I got a pair of Dark Sun Clip Grips for my NAA Mini.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 03:11:54 PM »
I like those....looks like knife in a pocket.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 06:48:11 PM »
That's what  thought too Peg. I still haven't put them on, but I'll post pics when I do.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 08:34:58 PM »
I bookmarked the link. The ones I wanted were out of stock, so I'll try again later.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 09:36:38 PM »
I bookmarked the link. The ones I wanted were out of stock, so I'll try again later.

Barbecue Gun Grips?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:14:43 PM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 06:01:02 PM »
I was looking at the wrong ones before....now they're showing the G10's in stock....

BUT....BUT....
It looks like the only model any of them fit is the Mini Mag 22 WMR and not the 22lr model....which is what I have.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 04:52:10 PM »
Yep. Magnum frames only. If you want to buy another mini revolver, you can get a convertible model like mine and still shoot .22 LR. You lose some concealability, but gain a better grip, and the ability to carry a spare cylinder loaded in .22 WMR.

P.S. I'm going to try to get some pics today if I can stay awake. Yesterday I got up and ate breakfast around dinner time, then went back to bed for the night.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 04:50:57 PM »
Heck I might buy a set pf spare grips for my Mini and order a set of these and see if I can swap the clip. Should only have to drill a couple of holes in the proper alignment.

If I can fit a beaver tail I should be able to do this....RIGHT??  ;D ;D ;D ;D  :o  8)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 04:00:22 AM »
How hard could it be? Zip. Zap. Done.

Since I have an extra clip now I've been considering putting one on my boot grips but they look too durn nice to mess up. But if I did mess them up it would be a good excuse to buy an engraved boot grip. Since mine are smooth it should be easy enough to attach a clip to them, if the surface is flat enough.   

OharaJ

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 09:06:50 AM »
Great stuff, gonna order a pair for my Mini! Is clip sturdy? I've had some bad experience with similar ones on knives to be honest, they get all shaky n stuff.
Jake
Carry: G43X
Rifles: Ruger American, Tikka T3X, Henry BB Brass
Optics: Mostly Vortex and Nightforce optics(https://gritroutdoors.com/nightforce/)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk