Author Topic: Hi Point offering a .45 carbine in August (best guess)  (Read 4637 times)

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Point offering a .45 carbine in August (best guess)
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »
Cheap, butt-ugly, and reportedly go "bang!" every time.  I could shoot it at my pistol range to boot. What's not to love about their carbines?  ;D
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Hi Point offering a .45 carbine in August (best guess)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »
Cheap, butt-ugly, and reportedly go "bang!" every time.  I could shoot it at my pistol range to boot. What's not to love about their carbines?  ;D
Any idea of a price point? And have they fixed their mag problem? Honestly (are you listening Hi Point?) I would own one today if they followed kel-tec's lead and took Glock mags. Having the carbine in .45 is very tempting. If it let me interchange mags with my pistols, you would see two Glock 9mms for sale in the classifieds to buy a G-30 and a a couple of thirty rounders for the high point.
FQ13

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »
Owned the 9mm version. Was a serious tack driver. Very accurate and dependable. Sold it to buy another Glock in .45 ACP. Now I am looking forward to the Hi-Point .45 ACP Carbine to come out. I am definitely going to purchase one. Can't beat a lifetime warranty also.

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
Hi;

I have a 9mm carbine   NIB  for @$280. w/3 mags promotional deal of last year. I made 1 click left and 1 click down on sight adjustments after a 3 round group shot. At 100 yrds the next 17 rounds were all in the 8' bull.

I have a used .40 carbine w/1 mag for $125. Basically the same sight adjustments with the same results as the 9mm.

For the people who I talk to about them, I refer the carbines as looking like the "planet of the apes" looking carbines.

It took me a long time to buy 1 and it was on a dare. I have since fell in love with these simple,accurate,cheap,dependable and easy to use and maintain carbines.

I believe that they are perfect for urban/close quarters usage.

I will buy more .40 carbines and the .40 pistol(s) when money allows. The .45 may be in the future but its more .40's for now.

I suggest that people hold thier reservations on these carbines until they shoot them. Most people end up buying 1 later on.

The .40 carbine and pistol use the same Mag. That is why I want more of the .40's.

Also, .40 ammo is common and easily reloadable.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 01:42:34 AM »
ATI will most likely make a replacement stock for it, they already do for the 9MM

http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/advanced_technology_rifle_stocks.htm  (Scroll down )

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:21:43 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 08:00:20 AM »
Am I alone in wondering what their major malfunction is in not making 30 round mags? I mean, do they they think they are selling to FUDDs? Do they think the Brady Bunh will give them a Gold Star for limiting themselves to ten rounds? Note to Hi-point, sell me a factory thirty rounder and sell me a rifle. You are selling to rednecks (like me) and folks who want an inexpensive SD/truck gun/plinker. More bullets is more  better.  I very much doubt I'm alone in this view. Are you listening Hi-Point? Bueller, Bueller.....
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »
Probably because they make it to use their pistol mags ? or it might be because they want to build one model that can sell in all 50 states.
Remember, Hi Point is appealing to the bottom of the economic pyramid by providing weapons for people who want to be safe, but are also worried about making the rent or groceries. H/P can save a few cents by not having to match magazines with destinations.
Also remember the SKS also holds 10 rounds, (granted they are more powerful ) and the Garand, (remember what Patton said, ) only holds 8.
What about after market mags ?
Hate to say it, but the mag issue is a plus for Glock. 33 Rounds may not work for CCW but .....    ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 12:01:28 PM »
Probably because they make it to use their pistol mags ? or it might be because they want to build one model that can sell in all 50 states.
Remember, Hi Point is appealing to the bottom of the economic pyramid by providing weapons for people who want to be safe, but are also worried about making the rent or groceries. H/P can save a few cents by not having to match magazines with destinations.
Also remember the SKS also holds 10 rounds, (granted they are more powerful ) and the Garand, (remember what Patton said, ) only holds 8.
What about after market mags ?
Hate to say it, but the mag issue is a plus for Glock. 33 Rounds may not work for CCW but .....    ;D
Thats why I want them to take Glock mags. Not because of brand loyalty, but just because unlike Sig etc, Glock does make that thirty three rounder. Plus, everyone and their dog owns a Glock in 9mm or .40. Its as standard a platform as the 1911 or AR. Why bother making your own mags when someone else will do it for you and do it well? Regardless, I would pay you ten dollars a head for any Hi Point owner who wouldn't rather have a 30 round mag than a ten rounder. They really ought to know their customers. I mean honestly, an EBR with a ten round mag is like a credit card with a $100 limit. No fun at all. ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 02:14:42 AM »
Actually that was always my beef with the Marlin Camp Carbines as well, low capacity, proprietary  mags.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »
If the camp carbine took double stack Para mags I would have bought one.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk