Author Topic: Buzzing My House For The Last 3 Days  (Read 12791 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Buzzing My House For The Last 3 Days
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 06:16:06 AM »
Maybe he was thinking, "There's no way my QB can RUN through all those big ba*tards".
My question is, in that situation what do the rules say about having 2 of the linemen throw the ball carrier ?  ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 07:05:10 AM »
My question is, in that situation what do the rules say about having 2 of the linemen throw the ball carrier ?  ;D

Back in 85 William Perry, ("The Refrigerator"), Tried to carry Walter Payton several yards on a running play through the defense. (I forget who the Bears were playing). The ref's spotted the ball where he picked him up. Payton was laughing so hard after the play he had to stop and bend over and put his hands on his knees.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2015, 08:33:48 AM »
That was the greatest Super Bowl game I could ever imagine with two teams I hate! BONUS! One team didn't beat the other....Seattle beat themselves! Awesome.

While I don't like the teams I admire Marshawn Lynch...the guy is a tank. The fact that they didn't give him the ball on the 1/2 yard line is possibly the dumbest football move ever.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2015, 08:38:45 AM »
If I was Paul Allen I would have been furious with Carroll. This is the exact reason why owners try to coach their teams through the head coach. They themselves bring on the exact kind of stuff Jerry Jones does all the time, with stupid calls like that. You expect those kind of screwed up plays at the high school level, but certainly not in the NFL. And during the biggest game of the season, no less.

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »
F*ck it, seemed like a good idea at the time, didn't work.
Better luck next year. NOT !  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:16:19 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
I like you guys, and I enjoy bantering, but I will tell you the same thing I tell all Monday morning quarterbacks and the like:  "If you are so good and know all the right things ahead of time, why aren't you making a million dollars a year coaching?"  Easy to rip in hind sight, but we all live and die without that knowledge.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2015, 03:01:45 PM »
What I think is funny, is no one is pissed because Wilson thru the interception. But rather because of the play being called to begin with. If the pass would have been completed, and they would have scored, people would be saying what a gutsy call it was.

Timothy

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »

I like you guys, and I enjoy bantering, but I will tell you the same thing I tell all Monday morning quarterbacks and the like:  "If you are so good and know all the right things ahead of time, why aren't you making a million dollars a year coaching?"  Easy to rip in hind sight, but we all live and die without that knowledge.

I'm just glad I don't have to hear anymore about Belichick's balls!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »
What I think is funny, is no one is pissed because Wilson thru the interception. But rather because of the play being called to begin with. If the pass would have been completed, and they would have scored, people would be saying what a gutsy call it was.

EXACTLY!!!

And it was calls like that that got them to those last seconds of Sunday evening.

Now you guys have gone and done it.  I have gotten more into this stupid game than I intended.  I told the boss man, yesterday morning, I thought I was over New England's cheating, or possible cheating, and the NFL's lack of integrity, but when that interception happened I wasn't excited, happy or sad, I was pissed that the cheaters won.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 06:58:41 PM »
I got into a discussion with a co-worker who's been a fan of the Patriots since their inception into the AFL as the Boston Patriots in 1960.

He was wondering why everyone else in the country hated the Pats.  Being a Midwesterner trapped here in the NE, I informed him that it wasn't the Pats they hated but nearly everything about Massachusetts!

I hate every sports team in the northeast, period!  But, I was still happy my pal the WWII Vet got to see his team win again!  He may not see another...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk