Author Topic: National Reciprocity?  (Read 19078 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: National Reciprocity?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »
Highest bidder makes it sound like they would have to pay to get access to the info.

Progressive gun hater - Hi, I have an agenda that would really be helped out by knowing who has a CCW permit.
Fred the Overfed Fed - Sorry, that list is not available.
PGH - So there is a list, right?
F OFF - Oh yes. We need it so we can keep our eye on folks that may say a discouraging word.
PGH - But it's for the children!
F OFF - Well why didn't you say so. I can run off 3000 copies and ship it to you free so it won't cost your organization a cent.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »
That or a paper that wants to "do a survey" under FIOA.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 08:20:11 AM »
The NRA addresses the "con" issues with H.R 822 National Reciprocity.

Some may not favor the NRA, but, with their faults, I don't believe they are working against firearms owners....maybe not working as hard as they can for them, but not against them.

Here is a link to their Alert.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7147
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
The NRA addresses the "con" issues with H.R 822 National Reciprocity.

Some may not favor the NRA, but, with their faults, I don't believe they are working against firearms owners....maybe not working as hard as they can for them, but not against them.

Here is a link to their Alert.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7147

Let's hope that's what happens.  Of course it also has to be passed.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »
I just got this from NRA - ILA

Click here to vote in this week's poll.

H.R. 822—the “National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011” is scheduled for a vote on the U.S. House floor this Tuesday, November 15.  We’ve told you the truth about why the legislation is very good for gun owners and now it is imperative that you contact your U.S. Representative IMMEDIATELY and urge him or her to vote for H.R. 822 WITH NO AMENDMENTS.

As we have been reporting all along, H.R. 822 is a good bill for gun owners.  The bill will enable America’s millions of permit holders to exercise their right to self-defense while traveling outside their home states by requiring states to recognize each others' lawfully-issued carry permits, just as they recognize driver's licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards.

H.R. 822 does not create a federal licensing or registration system; does not establish a minimum federal standard for the carry permit; does not involve the federal bureaucracy in setting standards for carry permit; and it does not destroy or discourage the adoption of permitless carry systems such as those in Arizona, Alaska, Vermont and Wyoming.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:50:06 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 06:53:25 AM »
I just got this from NRA - ILA

Click here to vote in this week's poll.

H.R. 822—the “National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011” is scheduled for a vote on the U.S. House floor this Tuesday, November 15.  We’ve told you the truth about why the legislation is very good for gun owners and now it is imperative that you contact your U.S. Representative IMMEDIATELY and urge him or her to vote for H.R. 822 WITH NO AMENDMENTS.

As we have been reporting all along, H.R. 822 is a good bill for gun owners.  The bill will enable America’s millions of permit holders to exercise their right to self-defense while traveling outside their home states by requiring states to recognize each others' lawfully-issued carry permits, just as they recognize driver's licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards.

H.R. 822 does not create a federal licensing or registration system; does not establish a minimum federal standard for the carry permit; does not involve the federal bureaucracy in setting standards for carry permit; and it does not destroy or discourage the adoption of permitless carry systems such as those in Arizona, Alaska, Vermont and Wyoming.

YET!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »
give it time.

if we had any one in office that had any balls they would also pass a law making the LEO carry bill void. 

The 1st thing "pro gun" thing I would do was pass a law saying if the citz can't have it, neither can the police.

Intrestingly enough I posted a poll on here as well as THR some years ago about another assult weapons ban.  Not about the ban itself, but if there was another ban, it would also be for the police.  It was a almost 100% approved of.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »

Somehow I don't see the highlighted part being successful. Seriously, how is the IL, NY and CA contingent going to leave this be?
Ain't gonna happen.  Waaayy too many scumbags involved. (536)

I see a poison pill amendment like the old "armor piercing ammo" addition that Ted Kennedy used to kill off numerous bills.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 03:26:25 PM »
I am all for national reciprocity, however, I fear that this will quickly lead to national standards.

As much as I believe in firearm safety and that people need to be taught safety, the bottom line is that we need to remember that the Second Amendment to The United States Constitution protects our right to keep and bear.  No where does it state that we need to be trained, licensed or permitted.  People also like to point out the rights of the states or local communities to create and enforce stricter laws than the higher jurisdictions.  However, how do you allow these restrictions in the face of "shall not be infringed"?

I have another day to figure out what to say in my phone calls, but right now I keep reaching for my tinfoil hat due to fear of what this could lead to  ???
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
While I'm pondering my previous post here is a thought that I think is in the best interest of all law abiding citizens of the United States of America:

Our government issue (local state) driver's license or identification card (for those that choose not to drive) serves as your permit to purchase and carry in any manor you chose.  If you commit a felony that removes any constitutionally protected rights you are issued a new card that states such.  When you wish to purchase a gun the dealer calls an information center, gives ID information and receives a go or no go.  If you are questioned by law enforcement they get a go or no go for your ownership and/or carry based on this license.

This would be a no requirement and no fee part of your ID.

I will also point out that this is a stricter level of exercising and protecting of Rights than our government will allow to assure valid elections.  I'd like to see the anti-gunner, pro-illegal alien liberals argue their way out of that one  >:(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk