Author Topic: National Reciprocity?  (Read 19071 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
Re: National Reciprocity?
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2011, 09:52:37 AM »
TAB and FQ,

The situations that you cite are the reasons that reasonable states went to shall issue rather than leaving the decision in the hands of emotional officials.  There is no state that will allow a permit to a person convicted of a right denying crime.

Also, my understanding is that this Bill is written to require you to have your home state permit if it is offered, so that would stop people just getting another state's.  This is what Utah had in mind with their law that took affect last May.

TAB,

You have a larger concern with the fact that your dictators are going to throw a tantrum and infringe your right completely!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »
I think CA might be backing themselves into a corner.

Didn't they just pass a law outlawing open carry?

Seems that if the now outlaw CC, they have totally obstructed the 2A right.

That one will be in court in a heart beat.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2011, 12:16:43 PM »
Screw CA and anyone who chooses to live there. They gave up their rights to the politicians long ago. I have yet to meet anyone from there that has a spine anymore. That social experiment has failed miserably and should be abandoned.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tombogan03884

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2011, 12:19:28 PM »
My ex - wife was from Ca.
She thought I was paranoid for carrying, until the day some guy tried to yank her door open in traffic.
Where ever she is now she probably has a CCW.

Timothy

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 12:21:22 PM »
Screw CA and anyone who chooses to live there. They gave up their rights to the politicians long ago. I have yet to meet anyone from there that has a spine anymore. That social experiment has failed miserably and should be abandoned.

I have an old girlfriend who lives in Davis who's very conservative, very Catholic and very angry about whats happened to her adopted state.  Moving isn't an option for her at this point in her life and she loves the weather.  There are two parts of California if you remove the Bay area and most of the south.  There are still a few Americans left...

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 02:51:19 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that she lives in davis.  Its building department makes the ones in the bay area look normal.  NO bs the entire town is ran by a bunch of controling hippy freaks.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2011, 03:07:26 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that she lives in davis.  Its building department makes the ones in the bay area look normal.  NO bs the entire town is ran by a bunch of controling hippy freaks.

It's a Ca. college town, what do you expect ?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »
It's a Ca. college town, what do you expect ?

the rest of yolo county is great, its just davis.  I could rant for hours about davis, lets just say I'd rather deal with the sacramento historic socity then I would the davis building department.   Trust me, thats saying ALOT.

FWIW, my Historic socity up charge was $3000.   That should tell you every thing you need to know about them, the davis building department is worse. atleast 10x over.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »
My dad still lives outside Oakland and during the 04 election the RNC would not send him any signs or stickers because his area was "a lost cause" and not worth the effort but they were more than happy to send them to me in Fresno.

My biggest problem is my job is only done in CA (San Diego, Ventura, and LA Counties) and here in MD.  There is a couple spots in NV (Fallon) but not much.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk